The DePaul University Staff Recognition Award Program is designed to reward distinctive and exceptional achievements that go above and beyond an employee's core job duties and significantly contribute to:
- University initiatives
- Departmental initiatives
- Student success and/or improved student experience
- Improved operational efficiency
- Exceptional customer service
Dedicated employees make DePaul’s mission to provide students with an extraordinary education, with a focus on service and social justice, possible. Recognition of employees’ contributions shows appreciation and respect in a tangible manner and motivates staff to continue their excellent work in support of DePaul's mission. Timely recognition is critical to reinforce the connection to actual achievement throughout the year.
Full-time staff and part-time staff are eligible.
The award may range from a minimum of two hundred dollars ($200) to a maximum of three thousand dollars ($3,000) depending on the level of the accomplishment. The amount of the reward should be proportionate to the significance of the achievement.
- Employees are eligible to receive a maximum of three awards per fiscal year, totaling no more than six thousand dollars ($6,000).
- Awards may be individual or group based.
- Self-nominations are ineligible.
- Vice presidents and deans are ineligible.
- Athletic coaches are ineligible, as compensation is contract-based.
- Awards that do not comply with the Higher Education Act (HEA) are ineligible. For questions whether a payment falls within the HEA, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Higher Education Act (HEA) prohibits payments for the following reasons: “Any commission, bonus or other incentive payment based in any part, directly or indirectly, upon success in securing enrollments or the award of financial aid, to any person or entity who is engaged in any student recruitment or admission activity, or in making decisions regarding the award of Title IV HEA program funds.”
Nomination and Approvals
- Any faculty or staff member may nominate an employee as having made an exceptional contribution.
- The employee’s manager must concur with and approve the nomination.