Campus Connect Upgrade - Expected July 2018
DePaul is currently working to significantly upgrade the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system that powers Campus Connection. This upgrade, expected to complete July 2018, will significantly change the user experience, including mobile experience, more intuitive navigation, and a new app-like login homepage.
All HR and payroll pages will be accessed from the My HR tile. If you have access to the financial or CRM systems, you will have a tile for them. If you are an instructor, you will have a Faculty Center tile with basic faculty functions. Navigation will be on the right (the far top right icon).
Campus Connect Upgrade Open Houses
For those who would like a hands on experience, there are several drop in sessions in July to let you come and see what the new Campus Connect will look like. We will post the dates and locations about these sessions after the beginning of Summer session, when we know the room assignments.
When is the upgrade taking place?
The upgrade is scheduled to occur beginning Thursday, July 19, and completing on Sunday, July 22. During this time, access to Campus Connect will be unavailable.
What is changing?
Campus Connect will become mobile-friendly, and it will be more intuitive and easier to navigate via an app-like homepage, consisting of tiles that group together specific functions and information within Campus Connect.
When I log in, I see the student home page. How do I see the Staff/Faculty home page?
If you have both student and employee access, the student home page will be your default home page. In order to change this, you will go to the action list (the three dots on the top right) and click on Personalize Homepage. On that page, you will see your available home pages on the left; simply drag and drop to put them in the order you want. If you want to leave the student homepage as your default, you can always use the dropdown in the center of the home page to choose the home page you need at any time.
How does the new home page work?
Each tile grants access to a system or resources. All staff will have the following tiles:
- The Campus Connect tile provides access to informational pagelets (University News, Academic Integrity).
- The Academic Calendar tile provides a link to the academic calendar
- The Help Resources tile provides access to contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
- The My HR tile provides access to all employee self service functions (time reporting, paycheck, etc.) and manager self-service functions (approve time, etc)
Some tiles will appear based on role:
- Budget managers will have a tile for the DePaul Financial System
- Those with an instructor role will have a tile for Faculty Center, providing direct access to the pages most used by faculty (roster, grades, etc.)
- Those with access to BlueStar will have a tile to provide direct access
- Those who have access to create tickets or otherwise work with the CRM system will access it via the DePaul CRM System tile
The top right ic
ons provide other functionality:
- Home will take you back to your default home page
- Search will allow you to search the Navigator
- Notifications will show you any ToDos or Alerts you have from Campus Connect
- The Actions List available on the home page will allow you to personalize your home page, set preferences or sign out
- The NavBar will allow you to navigate using recently used pages, favorites or Navigator; this replaces the left hand menu
- Navigator uses a menu structure similar to the left hand navigation of the previous version.
- Please note that favorites may not get copied during the upgrade; please be prepared to set them up anew.
Where did the menu go?
The menu has been replaced by the NavBar, which is the rightmost icon on the top of the page. When you click this icon, you will be able to select Recent Places, Favorites or the Navigator. The Navigator will show you a menu structure similar to what was formerly on the left hand menu.
Will my Favorites still be there after the upgrade has completed?
Unfortunately, our testing has given us mixed results with regards to Favorites being retained. We believe that pages where the navigation has not changed will be copied, but pages that have changed their navigations will not be copied over. We strongly advise you to copy down the navigation for your favorites prior to the upgrade, so you can set up any that are not copied or working properly after the upgrade.
How will I set up favorites after the upgrade?
When you are in the page you would like to add as a favorite, click the actions list (the three dots on the top right), then click on ‘Add to Favorites’. Next, either accept the default name in the description or type in a new name of your choosing for the favorite, and then click OK to save. You will get a confirmation box to tell you that the favorite was saved. Finally, click OK to close the box.
How do I access my favorites?
Click on the Navbar icon (the compass icon in the far right upper corner) to see My Favorites (star icon), then click on My Favorites to see your list of favorites.