The Virtual Private Network (VPN) client allows you to securely connect from your local workstation to DePaul's Campus Network. A client is required. Please follow the instructions below to install the correct client. This will not grant access to any resources within DePaul's data centers. That client may be accessed here.
Windows 7, 8, and 10 Client (Standard DePaul Image - 64-bit)
- Click here to download the VPN client
- Save the file to your desktop
- Double click on the Aventail icon on your desktop and wait 30 seconds while the client installs
- When the installation is finished, you will see a new DePaul Remote Access VPN Connection icon on your desktop
- Double click on the DePaul Remote Access VPN Connection icon on your desktop
- Enter your Campus Connect user name and password and click connect
Mac OS X Client
Click here to download the VPN client
Click here to download the Mac Installation Instructions
Mac OS X Client - 10.9 and above (Mavericks and Yosemite)
To download the Mac OS X client, please visit the "App Store" application on your Mac. In the search bar type "sonic wall". You should see an application called "SonicWALL Mobile Connect". Install the application and then open it. Once the application opens, click "Add Connection". Refer to the instructions above for configuration details.
The first time you login to the VPN, the username and password fields may be grayed out. To change this, click on "Connect". Your user name will appear and you can enter your password. Also, this client and access method is only to be used on DePaul owned computers.