Division of Student Affairs > Support Services > Health & Wellness > Alcohol & Substance Abuse Prevention >
- Are you starting to question your relationship with alcohol and drugs? Are you concerned about a family member or friend's use? Come meet with a HPW professional staff member to learn what resources might be most helpful for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 773.325.7129.
- You can also reach out directly to the Alcohol & Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist, Kate Lower, LCPC, at email@example.com and 773.325.4550.
- Interested in counseling? Try University Counseling Services.
- Lincoln Park Campus - 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue, Suite 350 Chicago, IL 60614 - 773.325.7779
- Loop Campus - 25 E. Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1465 Chicago, IL 60604 - 312.362.6923
- While our culture can often dismiss alcohol and drug use among college students as normal or expected, many students begin to struggle with an unhealthy relationship to alcohol and/or drugs that can endure beyond their college experience. If you have concerns about your student and want to know more about the resources available to them, reach out to an HPW staff professional for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warning Signs and Talking Tips
Faculty often have initial contact with students who may be struggling with issues related to, or impacted by, their alcohol and/or drug use. You play an important role in connecting those students to helpful resources and HPW is here to help!
When should I connect?
When a student shares that they are struggling with alcohol or drug related issues
When a student comes to class under the influence
You start to notice a change in the student's behavior (showing up late to class, not showing up to class at all, significant mood changes)
You have a question - any question - that HPW might be able to help with!
What can I expect when I call an HPW staff professional?
- Potential next steps to implement for both the faculty and the student
- You can contact the alcohol & substance abuse prevention specialist and all HPW staff professionals at email@example.com or 773.325.7129.
- Interested in HPW coming to present to one of your classes? Check out our educational programming page to learn more.