Division of Student Affairs > Support Services > Health & Wellness > Alcohol & Substance Abuse Prevention >
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Action Helpline : 1.800.662.4357
- AlcoholScreening.org helps individuals assess their own alcohol consumption patterns to determine if their drinking is likely to be harming their health or increasing their risk for future harm. Through education and referral, the site urges those whose drinking is harmful or hazardous to take positive action, and informs all adults who consume alcohol about guidelines and caveats for lower-risk drinking.
- www.drugfree.org is part of the Partnership for a Drug-Free America, with a lot of information about drugs, treatment and online screenings.
- www.drugabuse.gov is the website of The National Institute on Drug Abuse. The site includes the University of Michigan's Monitoring the Future data (2005) and basic information on the extent of use, health effects and treatment options.
- 21st Century Drug Policy is the website of the Office of National Drug Control Policy. Includes health effects, treatment, legal ramifications and other resources.
- www.ncpic.org.au is the website of the National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre. Provides a great deal of information about marijuana.
- The American Legacy Foundation is dedicated to building a world where young people reject tobacco and anyone can quit. The Foundation develops programs that address the health effects of tobacco use.
- The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through education, advocacy and research.
- BeTobaccoFree.gov A comprehensive website providing one-stop access to the best and most up-to-date, tobacco-related information from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Includes general information on tobacco, federal and state laws and policies, health statistics, and evidence-based methods on how to quit.
- EX: Re-Learn Life Without Cigarettes A comprehensive tobacco cessation plan created by the American Legacy Foundation and the Mayo Clinic.
- If you would like to review DePaul's most recent Drug Free Schools and Communities Act - Notification to students and employees of DePaul University you may do so here .
- For anyone interested in reading DePaul University's most recent biennial review, please email the Office of Health Promotion and Wellness.