Zoom is an enterprise video/web conferencing and collaboration solution for DePaul's faculty, staff, and student employees.
Zoom can integrate with Outlook email and calendars by downloading and installing the plugin found here
. You can also install the Zoom Client for Meetings found here
, offering an easy-to-use platform for:
- Online meetings (web conferencing) - schedule an online meeting through Outlook and conduct the meeting with a presentation, integrated chat, whiteboards, member polling, and more
- Record meetings - Meeting hosts may record all or portions of their online meetings, and can store them locally or within Zoom's cloud storage
- Instant messaging (IM) - send messages to individuals or groups, view chat history, share files, and more
- Screen sharing, white-boarding, and annotating - collaborate with colleagues, share, highlight, and markup documents, and more
- Audio chat and desktop videoconferencing - share audio and/or video with two or more participants
- Status - show or view availability based on your calendar or activity
- Mobile - set your status, send IMs, or view contacts with the Zoom app on your smartphone or tablet
Before you can begin using Zoom, you will need to activate your DePaul Zoom account. Visit the Zoom website,
click the Sign in button, and you will be redirected to a login screen where you should enter your Campus Connect username and password. This will create your account in Zoom, which will be associated with your primary DePaul University email address.
You can now schedule a new meeting, join a meeting, or host a meeting. You may also access your cloud recordings or set your meeting preferences in the My Meetings Settings section. Detailed instructions for scheduling and hosting meetings, recording meetings, accessing cloud recordings, and more, can be found on Zoom's website here
Zoom Rooms is a software-based conference room system that provides integrated audio conferencing, wireless screen sharing and video conferencing. Zoom Rooms seamlessly integrate conference room video equipment with Zoom meetings. Additional details on Zoom Rooms can be found here
Who can use Zoom at DePaul?
Any DePaul employee, including staff, faculty, and student workers can use Zoom for: hosting online and video meetings; recording meetings; accessing their cloud recordings; instant messaging. DePaul employees may invite anyone to participate in Zoom meetings that they host.
Are there any limitations to Zoom meetings?
Zoom meetings are limited to a maximum of 300 participants. If you need to host a Zoom meeting for more than 300 participants, please contact the TSC
at TSC@depaul.edu or (312) 362-8765.
How long are recordings available?
Meeting hosts can record meetings locally, or in the cloud, and they will be available under the My Recordings section. Please note that cloud recordings will only be available/downloadable for 120 days, after which time they will be deleted.
Can I host a webinar with Zoom?
DePaul has not licensed webinars for employees. If you are interested in hosting a webinar, please call the TSC
at (312) 362-8765 a
nd someone from Information Services will discuss your needs with you.
If you have additional questions or require further assistance, please contact the Technology Support Center at TSC@depaul.edu or (312) 362-8765.