DePaul University has many departments that support our veteran
students. Our office and these departments work together to help veterans transition
into university life with the end goal of successful completion of a degree. Below is a list of departments that veterans can use during their
time at DePaul.
More information is available on the Adult, Veteran and Commuter Student Services web page.
Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership
DePaul University has partnered with Jesse Brown VA Medical Center to bring VA expertise and services to student veterans on campus. This is part of a national VA initiative known as Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (V.I.T.A.L.), which aims to support veterans on campus through creating easier access to VA services and benefits.
Holly Passi, PsyD is the coordinator of the VITAL Student Veteran Outreach Program. She can be contacted at 312.262.8007 or email@example.com if you need assistance with VA-related issues or questions. If you are eligible for VA healthcare, she can assist you with the following:
- General questions about VA healthcare or VA services.
- Enrollment to VA healthcare or transferring care from another VA
- Establishing VA appointments
- Process of service connection (note: this includes general guidance on the process and how to file, but she cannot file or check on the status of claims for you).
- Linkage with mental health services. (Dr. Passi works as a licensed clinical psychologist for the VA and specializes in working with student veterans.)
- Consultation or referral for neuropsychological assessments for veterans noticing problems with attention/concentration/memory that are interfering with school work.
- Referral to Transition Care Management Clinic for post-9/11 veterans at Jesse Brown for ongoing medical or case management needs.
Feel free to contact her with questions about any of these topics.
Click here learn more about VITAL.