Your Ventra U-Pass provides unlimited rides on CTA buses and trains during the Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer Quarters.
Students must meet enrollment requirements in order to participate in the U-Pass program. All students meeting these requirements are automatically enrolled in the program. The U-Pass is not optional for any eligible student. Eligibility is based on 3 criteria; one of which is course enrollment. If your enrollment changes before the last day to drop courses, your U-Pass will be adjusted accordingly.
*It can take 3-10 business days
for changes in eligibility to be reflected in the Ventra U-Pass system as it is not possible to directly link to the DePaul course enrollment system.
Winter U-Pass Dates
Spring U-Pass Dates
***If you are eligible for the Winter Term U-Pass, your U-Pass will remain active during Spring Break.***
Picking Up Your U-Pass
Your U-Pass will be sent to the ID Card Office on campus which coincides with the location of the college office of your declared major. For example, a CDM student will pickup their U-Pass in the Loop while a History major (College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences) will go to Lincoln Park. Your U-Pass cannot be sent to a different campus. You must pickup your U-Pass from the campus that matches your college office.
Useful Information for Using your New Ventra U-PASS
- Take your card out of your wallet before tapping to avoid charges to other contactless cards you may have.
- Pay close attention to the tap display when using your U-Pass. This will help you to determine if your tap was a U-Pass transaction or if you have been charged regular fare for your ride.
- Register your Ventra card online (www.ventrachicago.com) so that you can monitor your account and usage. Registration does not require that you link your card to a credit or debit card and does not automatically activate your U-Pass (which must be completed over the phone). Registering your U-Pass is not required but can be a very helpful tool.
- Students are responsible for monitoring their own account information and status.
- If changes have been made to your enrollment, please allow 3 to 10 business days for those changes to affect your U-Pass.