Your Ventra U-Pass provides unlimited rides on CTA buses and trains during the Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer Quarters.
Students must meet enrollment requirements in order to participate in the U-Pass program. All students meeting these requirements are automatically enrolled in the program. The U-Pass is not optional for any eligible student. Eligibility is based on 3 criteria; one of which is course enrollment. If your enrollment changes before the last day to drop courses, your U-Pass will be adjusted accordingly.
*It can take 3-10 business days for changes in eligibility to be reflected in the Ventra U-Pass system as it is not possible to directly link to the DePaul course enrollment system.
Autumn U-Pass Distribution
Autumn U-Pass Distribution is from Tuesday, September 10th, through, Thursday, September 12th. This will be for NEW U-Pass holders only, Students who already have a U-Pass will continue to use the one that was previously issued. Students will pick up their U-Pass on the campus where their college office is based. For example, a Business Student will pick up their U-Pass at the Loop Campus, and a History Student would pick up their U-Pass up at the Lincoln Park Campus. Below are the Times and Locations for both U-Pass Distributions. Students who do not pick up their U-Pass from the Autumn Distribution Events will be able to pick up their U-Pass at the ID Card Office during business hours.
**Discover Chicago students will receive their U-Pass at the start of their Discover course.**
DePaul Center Lower Level Concourse
- 1 E. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604
Tuesday, September 10 - Thursday, Septmeber 12
Lincoln Park Distribution
Student Center, Room 314 A & B
- 2250 N. Sheffield
Chicago, IL 60614
Tuesday, September 10 - Thursday, September 12
Summer 2019 U-Pass Dates
Autumn 2019 U-Pass Dates
|First Year Law
Useful Information for Using your New Ventra U-PASS
- Take your card out of your wallet before tapping to avoid charges to other contactless cards you may have.
- Pay close attention to the tap display when using your U-Pass. This will help you to determine if your tap was a U-Pass transaction or if you have been charged regular fare for your ride.
- Register your Ventra card online (www.ventrachicago.com) so that you can monitor your account and usage. Registration does not require that you link your card to a credit or debit card and does not automatically activate your U-Pass (which must be completed over the phone). Registering your U-Pass is not required but can be a very helpful tool.
- Students are responsible for monitoring their own account information and status.
- If changes have been made to your enrollment, please allow 3 to 10 business days for those changes to affect your U-Pass.