Housing > Resident Resources > Visitors & Operations > Visitor Policies
Current planning and guidelines suggest that each resident can have up to one (1) non-parent/non-guardian visitor or two (2) parent/guardian visitors at a time. All visitors must be of legal age, which is 18 years of age or older.
Please review each of the following sections carefully and be aware that DePaul Housing reserves the right to alter the visitor policy to match local and state guidelines regarding COVID-19 at any time.
A visitor must show their government-issued ID and proof of COVID-19 vaccination (physical vaccination card or photo of card) to the front desk receptionist. Otherwise, they will not be permitted into the residence hall. To determine if a visitor is fully vaccinated for COVID-19, please refer to DePaul’s immunization requirements.
Masks are welcome, but not required for residents and visitors who are fully vaccinated. For those who wish to continue wearing masks for personal reasons or individual health concerns will be fully supported in that decision. We expect residents and visitors to respect the decision of others if they continue to wear a mask.
All on-campus residents are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by the beginning of Fall Quarter 2021. However, students who are living on campus over the summer may not be vaccinated for COVID-19 just yet. DePaul Housing expects unvaccinated summer residents to continue following standard COVID-19 protocols (wearing a face covering, social distancing, etc.) until they are vaccinated.
Residents and visitors who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are no longer required to social distance.
• Residents are allowed up to one (1) overnight visitor. An overnight visitor is anyone who is not a resident of a particular unit, which includes residents from the same residence hall/building.
• An overnight visitor stay is defined as any visit exceeding four (4) hours between midnight and 8 a.m. on any given night.
• Resident hosts are allowed to register overnight visits a maximum of two (2) nights in a seven (7) day period. The seven-day period begins at midnight on Sunday and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday.
• Visitors who visit DePaul, regardless of which host they are visiting or which hall, may not have more than ten (10) overnight visits in any given academic quarter or during the summer term.
• Visitor registration software tracks all visits, and any host found violating this policy may have visitation privileges suspended or revoked.
• A registered visitor may only sleep in the unit of the host who is sponsoring their visit. Sleeping in other units or public/community spaces within the halls is strictly prohibited.
• A visitor may not stay in unoccupied beds in a unit without the consent of the resident whose bed is to be used.
Overnight visitor expectations can be discussed between roommates during the roommate agreement process upon move-in. The above standards are designed to prevent abuse of roommate rights. If these standards are violated, residents may be subject to student conduct action and loss of privileges. A student whose housing agreement has been canceled through the student conduct process may not be a visitor in campus housing.
Parents/guardians are allowable visitors (up to 2 at a time) and must pre-register by completing the Visitor Request Form listed below.
Parents/guardians may visit, however, residents will need to follow these steps:
• Overnight visits are allowed (see above).
• Pre-register your parent/guardian visitor(s) by filling out the Visitor Request Form at least one hour before their arrival.
• Show the receptionist a pre-registration receipt (via smartphone or a printed copy).
• Show a government-issued photo ID card (e.g., state ID, driver's license, passport) AND proof of vaccination (physical card or image) upon the visit that matches the information on the pre-registration form.