Housing > Resident Resources > Move-In
The information outlined on this webpage is meant for new DePaul residents who are moving to campus at the start of Winter Quarter 2022. Incoming residents should have received a Winter Quarter Housing letter early December:
The following are move-in details for Lincoln Park Campus residents. Services like moving bins, elevator access (Seton Hall and University Hall), complimentary parking, etc. are only available on Sunday, January 2, from 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If you choose to move-in after January 2, we highly recommend bringing a moving dolly, etc. as services will be limited. University Center residents will receive communication from University Center staff with different move-in instructions.
Winter Quarter move-in on January 2, 2022, will take place between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. that day. Upon arrival, you must report to your Area Office to check-in and pick up your housing keys.
The following services will only be provided January 2, 2022, between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.:
• Move-in carts will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Residents can sign up for a moving cart in the Student Center, Room 120 foyer.
• Each resident is allowed up to two (2) move-in helpers between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Wristbands will be provided for move-in helpers. Helpers must wear a mask at all times.
• Complimentary parking will be provided at the Clifton Parking Deck and Sheffield Garage for those with wristbands.
• Elevator/loading dock door access will be provided for Sanctuary Hall & Townhomes, Seton Hall, and University Hall.
Should you choose a move-in date after January 2, additional move-in support (e.g., complimentary parking, moving carts, elevator access for Seton Hall and University Hall) will NOT be available.
Here’s what you should expect and how to prepare:
• UPDATE: Due to the rising concern of the Omicron variant and increase of COVID cases in Illinois, moving helpers (visitors) will not be allowed inside residential buildings.
• On your move-in day, report to your Area Office to receive housing keys and move-in instructions only. Area Offices are staffed Monday-Friday, from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
• You may park at an unloading zone in front your residence hall / on-campus apartment for up to 15 minutes to drop off belongings. Garage parking is also available at the Clifton Parking Deck or Sheffield Garage; please note that the only date for complimentary garage parking is Sunday, January 2, from 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
• After January 2, elevator/loading dock door access will be provided for Sanctuary Hall & Townhomes, Seton Hall, and University Hall.
You can find your roommate or roommates listed in the Housing Portal at myhousing.depaul.edu. If your assigned roommate chooses not to come to DePaul, another will be assigned to the vacant space. We encourage you to check the portal periodically during the summer in case of updates.
Have an open mind when speaking with your roommates and recognize that this is new territory for all. Roommates cannot be changed prior to move-in day.
When you talk to your roommate(s), discuss how you'll decorate your unit. Be sure you don't have duplicates of these items, as only one of each is allowed per unit.
• Mini-fridge – must be 4.8 cubic feet or less (not allowed in apartments)
• Microwave – must be 1500 watts or less
We recommend bringing items on the DePaul Housing Packing List.
Your DePaul ID Card serves as your official identification at DePaul University; you are required to have it at all times while on campus and specifically to enter your Lincoln Park residence hall. Please follow the How to Secure Your DePaul ID Card instructions provided by the ID Card Services Office no later than Sunday, August 8, 2021, to receive your DePaul ID card in the mail.
University Center residents, you will also have a University Center ID that is separate from your DePaul ID Card and is used only at the University Center. You will need this card to enter the building, enter your unit and use your meal plan. If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you will be charged a $50 replacement fee.
The Student Mail Center, located in Suite 317 of the Lincoln Park Student Center, is responsible for issuing your mailbox key and provides you with a centralized location to receive all of your packages. Items cannot be shipped to your campus address prior to move-in day. All mail must be addressed as follows:
Your Full Name (no nicknames) DePaul University 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue, Suite #317 Mailbox # __________ Chicago, IL 60614
The University Center Mail Room is located on the second floor, directly across from the business office. Due to limited space and resources, if you are shipping boxes or trunks, you should arrange for your packages to be delivered no sooner than 48 hours prior to your scheduled move-in date. Residents share a mailbox with their roommates and can obtain the combination from the mailroom. All mail must be addressed as follows:
Your Full Name (no nicknames)525 S. State StreetUnit # __________Chicago, IL 60605
Certain items are prohibited in all Lincoln Park campus housing. Please visit the Prohibited Items webpage to learn more. Prohibited items found in campus housing will be confiscated by staff.
You are not allowed to bring your own mattress, bed or loft as university furniture must meet fire safety standards.
You are allowed to bring your own shower curtain, but you must hang it in conjunction with the university-provided curtains, as those are custom-fit and prevent water leaks.
For a full list of items restricted and prohibited at the University Center, DePaul's Loop Campus housing, see the University Center Resident Handbook.
If you're living in a traditional hall in Lincoln Park, you may choose to rent a mini refrigerator and microwave combo unit (micro-fridge) from MyCollegeFridge.com the approved DePaul vendor. All orders must be completed by August 15 to be placed in your unit before move-in.
• The rental appliance is a refrigerator, true freezer, and microwave all-in-one.
• Confirm with all of your roommates before renting; each unit is only allowed one micro-fridge.
• Rental items will be delivered to your room prior to move-in day (if ordered by the deadline).
University Center residents living in suites may also rent a micro-fridge; you will be given separate instructions provided by University Center staff.