Housing > Resident Resources > Work Orders

Work Orders

To ensure the quickest possible service, please contact the appropriate university department from the list below:

Room Repairs

To report non-emergency general maintenance and repair issues, as well as appliance, room key issues, lost room keys, cable TV, or furniture issues in your residence hall room or apartment, please submit an online work order to Facility Operations.

NOTE: Students who need assistance lofting their bed should not submit a work order until they have officially moved on campus. ​

Room Repairs - Emergency Maintenance Issue & After Hours

To report an emergency maintenance issue Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., please call your area office or the Department of Housing office. To report an after-hours, weekend, or holiday emergency maintenance issue, please call Public Safety at (773) 325-7777.

To report a daytime (between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) emergency issue in your room or apartment, please visit the area offices page to learn which office specializes in solving issues for your hall/area.

Computer & Phone

For problems with phones, data jacks, and university computer systems, please contact the Help Desk. To submit a self-service incident, users may visit helpdesk.depaul.edu​ and select “Get Help” or call the Help Desk directly at (312) 362-8765.

Vending Machines

For refunds and problems with the snack and beverage vending machines in your residence halls, please contact DePaul Student Centers or contact their information desk at (773) 325-7346.


To report a problem with residence hall and apartment laundry equipment, please contact CSC ServiceWorks.​