Returning to campus housing for the 2018-19 academic year happens through an in-person process called Room Selection. We have unique apartments that offer larger spaces and more flexibility for our returning residents.
About Room Selection
The Room Selection process includes the following steps:
- Complete a housing agreement via the Housing Connection before April 1, 2018;
- Receive a randomized Room Selection appointment letter from Housing Services;
- Take a tour of our campus communities (see dates below);
- Attend Room Selection based on your appointment time and work with staff to choose a space;
- Be entered to win one of several prizes for your participation in Room Selection (see info below).
2018 Room Selection Dates
|Room Selection Sign-Up
(by completing a housing agreement)
|Before April 1|
|Receive Room Selection Packet in Campus Mailbox
||Week of April 2|
|Tour the University Center
|University Center Room Selection
|Tour Lincoln Park Apartment Communities at the Hall Crawl
|Lincoln Park Room Selection
About the Hall Crawl and University Center Tour
Housing Services hosts a hall crawl so students can tour Lincoln Park apartment communities prior to Room Selection. To attend the hall crawl, visit check-in tables at the entrances of Centennial Hall, Sheffield Square, McCabe Hall, Sanctuary Hall and Sanctuary Townhomes on Wednesday, April 11, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
You can tour the University Center and see potential units on Friday, April 6. For more information, view the tours page.
- Everyone confirmed for a space during Room Selection receives a $200 housing credit.
- Everyone confirmed for a space at the University Center during Room Selection receives an additional $100 in Lincoln Park meal plan money.
- Everyone confirmed for a space during Room Selection will be entered into a raffle for the chance to win: free housing for winter quarter (3 students), a year membership to Divvy: Chicago's bike share program (2 students), $500 to Amazon (1 student), $300 to Whole Foods (1 student), $200 to Uber (1 student).
Rules and Restrictions
Incentives are only permitted for enrolled DePaul University students. Students must have an active agreement and be checked in to their campus unit, at the time of distribution, to be eligible for any of these prizes. The $200 housing credit will only be applied to DePaul University students confirmed for campus housing during the in-person Room Selection process on April 10, 17, 18, or 19, 2018. The $200 housing credit and $100 meal plan credit (only for students confirmed to the University Center) will be applied directly to the student's DePaul financial account during fall quarter 2018, no later than October 8, 2018. Students must have an active agreement and be checked in to their campus housing unit at the time of distribution to be eligible for this incentive. All prize winners will be notified via their preferred email in Campus Connect. The winter quarter housing credit prize will be applied to the student's DePaul financial account no later than January 21, 2019. Please note: A winter quarter housing credit may affect a student's financial aid award.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it cost anything to attend Room Selection?
No, there is no charge for attending Room Selection or for completing the housing agreement. Students who cancel after being assigned a specific space will be responsible for any associated fees.
What is a proxy?
A proxy is a person authorized to act on your behalf. If you cannot attend your assigned Room Selection appointment, complete the proxy form and recruit a trusted friend to be your proxy. The proxy form will be included with your Room Selection folder delivered to your student mailbox.
When do I choose my roommates?
Continuing students do not need to indicate a roommate when filling out the online housing agreement. Instead, they will choose a roommate during their in-person Room Selection appointment. Each roommate will need to submit a housing agreement prior to the appointment. Students should attend Room Selection at the same time as their preferred roommate(s) to be assigned together.
Please know it is not required to have picked roommates to participate in Room Selection, and due to space constraints, preferences are not guaranteed. If a continuing student does not attend Room Selection or submits the housing agreement after April 1, they will be assigned roommates at random.