Returning to campus housing for the 2019-20 academic year happens through an in-person process called Room Selection. We have unique apartments that offer larger spaces and more flexibility for our returning residents.
About Room Selection
The Room Selection process includes the following steps:
- Complete a housing agreement. It will be available beginning March 1 via the Housing Connection portal until April 1, 2019;
- Receive a randomized Room Selection appointment time via email from Housing;
- Take a tour of our campus communities (see dates below); and
- Attend Room Selection based on your appointment time and work with staff to choose a space.
2019 Room Selection Dates
|Room Selection Sign-Up
(by completing a housing agreement)
|Before April 1|
|Receive Room Selection Appointment Email
||Week of April 1|
|Tour the University Center
|University Center Room Selection
|Tour Lincoln Park Apartment Communities
|Lincoln Park Room Selection
Lincoln Park Open House
Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 4-6 p.m.
Students will have the opportunity to view apartments in Centennial,
McCabe and Sanctuary halls as well as Sheffield Square and the Sanctuary
Townhomes. No registration is required—students may show up to the hall in
which they are interested. Students who attend the open house will have the opportunity to win the first Room Selection appointment time.
University Center Tour
Friday, April 12, 2019, 1:30 p.m.
Students should arrive at the University Center a little before 1:30 p.m. and inform the front desk that they are there for a tour. Students can email UChousing@peakcampus.com for questions regarding the tour.
Lincoln Park Apartments
In the Lincoln Park apartment communities, students enjoy larger spaces, more privacy and the convenience of their own living room and kitchen. Unlike traditional residence halls, the Lincoln Park apartment communities do not close during DePaul’s winter break, thus allowing students greater flexibility. Plus, apartments are fully furnished and feature cable, access to HBO Go, wireless internet and laundry facilities that do not require coins or card payments. Apartment residents also have the opportunity to participate in staff-organized activities throughout the academic year.
For detailed information about these apartments, click here. Limited singles are also available in traditional halls.
|Centennial Hall, Standard
|Courtside Apartments, Standard
|McCabe Hall, Efficiency
|McCabe Hall, Standard
|Sanctuary Townhomes, Townhome
|Sanctuary Hall, Standard Apartment
|Sanctuary Hall, Higher Occupancy Apartment
|Sanctuary Hall, Studio Apartment
Located steps from DePaul's Loop Campus, the University Center includes suites and apartments. It is equipped with a fitness center, outdoor terrace, laundry facility and high-powered technology labs. The University Center got a complete remodel in 2018, so units boast new flooring, countertops and furniture. Learn more about the University Center here.
Feature a bed, desk, bookcase and compartmentalized closet for each resident.
- Quad Semi-Suite - Two residents per unit, two units share one bathroom.
- Deluxe Double - Two residents in one room share one bathroom.
- Private Room - One resident has a private room, private pathroom.
Feature a full kitchen with dishwasher, living room and dining area. All apartments are fully furnished.
- Four-Bedroom - Four residents per unit, each resident has a lockable bedroom and all share two bathrooms.
- Two-Bedroom - Four residents share two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Studio - One resident.
If you have a roommate in mind:
- All intended roommates must have a Room Selection appointment.
- All intended roommates can attend the earliest appointment time of any person in the group. Those who cannot attend must use the proxy form available here.
- Roommate groups of five or more may contact Housing directly to potentially be assigned a space prior to their Room Selection appointment time.
If you are searching for a roommate:
- Utilize social media, particularly specific residence hall Facebook pages.
- Attend the Lincoln Park Campus open house or Loop Campus tour to meet those with similar housing interests.
If you don't have a roommate:
- No roommate, no problem. Housing will randomly assign roommates to partially filled spaces.
If you cannot make your appointment
If you cannot attend your assigned Room Selection appointment, you may recruit a trusted friend (a proxy) to attend in your place by completing the proxy form. It is important to trust your proxy, as they will be selecting your space for the year and solidfying your commitment to campus housing.
Steps to take:
- Click here to download the proxy form and print it out.
- Fill out the proxy form. You will circle "Yes" or "No" for each of the housing options. You will only be assigned to preferences that are circled "Yes."
- Have your proxy bring the completed form with them to Room Selection.
If students are assigned to campus housing at Room Selection and need to cancel after being assigned but prior to the start of their housing agreement, then there is a $1,500 cancellation fee. Further charges are applicable once the housing agreement has started. Please see section 4 of the terms and conditions for the full cancellation policy.
Meal Plan Cancellation
Signing the housing agreement holds students to the meal plan terms and conditions.
Meal plans cannot be changed or cancelled after the following dates:
- Lincoln Park Resident Plans: fall quarter, September 1, 2019; winter quarter, January 4, 2020; spring quarter, March 21, 2020
- University Center Resident Plans: the Friday of the first week of classes for each quarter/semester
If a student cancels their housing agreement, the meal plan will be cancelled for any future quarters.
Full meal plan terms can be found in section 5 of the 2019-20 terms and conditions.