OMSS offers job opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Peer Mentors: STARS Peer Mentors are sophomore, junior and senior level students who are partnered with freshmen who are first-generation, low-income or students of color for one full academic year. During that year, the mentor serves as a guide to assist their mentee in navigating the transition from high school to college at DePaul.
Graduate Assistants (GAs): OMSS offers three graduate assistantships for students pursuing their graduate degrees at DePaul University. From assisting with program development to leading workshops, the Graduate Assistants (GAs) are paraprofessional staff with a high level of responsibility and autonomy. OMSS GAs support the following initiatives:
- Cultural and Resource Centers Operations
- Marketing and Digital Communication
- Providing Access through Holistic Support (PATHS)
- Students Together Are Reaching Success (STARS)
- Undocumented Student Support
Applications for all graduate positions are available during the Spring Quarter.
The Office of Multicultural Student Success values the opportunity to support graduate students and colleagues in their academic pursuits. Please consider the following when contacting our office with a research, assessment or survey proposal:
- The Office of Multicultural Student Success values the opportunity to support graduate students and colleagues in their academic pursuits. Please consider the following when contacting our office with a research, assessment or survey proposal:
- The purpose/nature of your research or evaluation project
- The project's connection to our office mission
- A timeline for the entire project; please highlight data collection phase
- Who will share findings and how will they be shared
- Each year we are approached with several requests, and we accommodate requests on a first-come, first-served basis. We must consider the number of times our students are tapped into for external projects, in addition to our departmental projects.
- In the spirit of collaboration, we will ask to receive any final reports or projects from the data received.
- Include an approximate timeline of data collection needs. Due to the nature of our work, last minute requests can rarely be accommodated. Requests must be received at least 4 weeks before research commences.