Residential Education is responsible for building a sense of community and DePaul spirit, providing students with high-quality opportunities for engagement, responding to student crises, and managing the residential student conduct process. Residence directors (full-time, professional staff) and resident advisors (undergraduate students) live on campus and are available to assist students with their transition to college and to advocate on behalf of students.
If you're looking for information regarding housing applications, billing, room assignments, cancellations, work orders, etc. please contact the Department of Housing Services.
Residential Education creates inclusive communities that promote dignity, inspire learning and foster self-discovery.
Residential Education is dedicated to promoting the safety, wellbeing and holistic success of our residential students. We are committed to building inclusive, co-curricular learning communities that inspire self-authorship, encourage social responsibility, and teach residents to take seriously the perspective of others, in accordance with our university's urban, Vincentian heritage.
Students who participate in Residential Education programs will:
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and respect for others in communities of which they are a part.
- Demonstrate decision-making skills related to practical life situations.
- Respect the perspective of others and contribute to creating an inclusive community.
- Initiate a sense of belonging with the DePaul community.
Residential Education Values
Dignity & Social Justice: We value civil discourse,
diverse perspectives, and the exploration and appreciation of all identities.
Development: We value personal and professional growth
through learning outside of the classroom.
Community: We value relationship-building that promotes
respect, accountability and inclusivity within our residential communities
through social, informational and educational opportunities.
Holistic Wellness: We value multi-dimensional wellness,
promoting continuous growth of self, and caring for others in the community.
Res Ed by the Numbers
- 57 Resident Advisors (RAs). RAs are undergraduate students who live in our halls to facilitate community.
•126 applicants for the 2017-2018 academic year
•26 returners for a second or third year
- 6 Residence Directors (RDs). RDs are full-time, professional staff who also live in the hall.
- 10 professional staff members, including RDs
- 2 graduate assistants (assistant RD)
- 716 initiatives/events offered to students in the 2016-17 academic year
- 9 office assistants
Programs & Services
The administrative office for the Department of Residential Education is located in Centennial Hall, at the southeast corner of Fullerton and Sheffield Avenues. Residence director offices are located in one of the buildings they oversee: please see each staff member's bio below for specific office locations. Our administrative office contact information is:
2345 North Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60614
Normal hours of operation are 9:00am - 5:00pm (CST), Mondays through Fridays.
Residential Education staff members are available 24/7 to respond to student needs or crisis situations. Please contact your residence hall front desk or Public Safety if you need assistance after hours.