Housing > Resident Resources > Move-In
Please visit this section often as updates may occur, especially to the Fall Move-In guides. NOTE: Sunday, September 3 and Monday, September 4 (Labor Day) the university is officially closed and, therefore, no move-in appointments will be available.
Students will be required to select a move-in appointment time. Move-in appointments will be available in their housing portal beginning August 1, 2023. An email will be sent to students prompting them to schedule their move-in appointment. Appointments will be limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
• If you are a first-year student registered for Premiere DePaul 12 (August 21-22) or Premiere DePaul 13 (August 24-25)*, your move-in appointment should be scheduled for Wednesday, August 23.
*Meals plans will not be activated for all residents until Sunday, August 27. However, students who are arriving on August 23 may take advantage of Early Blue Bucks (for incoming Lincoln Park residents) or Early Flex Dollars (for incoming University Center / Loop residents). For more information about Early Blue Bucks or Early Flex Dollars, scroll down to the Other Tips and Campus Resources section and click on the Dining program that applies to your housing location. You may also visit the Dining website for instructions.
• If you are a first-year student NOT registered for Premiere DePaul 12 (August 21-22) or Premiere DePaul 13 (August 24-25) AND registered for a Discover Chicago course, your move-in appointment should be scheduled for Sunday, August 27.
• If you are a first-year student registered for Premiere DePaul 14 (August 29-30), your move-in appointment should be scheduled for either Sunday, August 27 or Saturday, September 2.
• If you are a first-year student NOT registered for Premiere DePaul 14 (August 29-30) AND registered for an Explore Chicago course, your move-in appointment should be scheduled for Saturday, September 2.
• General move-in for all students is Saturday, September 2.
Transfer Students: When you are prompted via email to schedule a move-in appointment, you may choose Sunday, August 27 or Saturday, September 2 as your move-in date.
Continuing Students: When you are prompted via email to schedule a move-in appointment, you may choose Sunday, August 27 or Saturday, September 2 as your move-in date.
First-Year Law Students: When you are prompted via email to schedule a move-in appointment, please choose Sunday, August 13, as your move-in date.
Continuing Law Students: When you are prompted via email to schedule a move-in appointment, please choose Sunday, August 20, as your move-in date.
Click on the move-in guide below that corresponds with your housing assignment:
• Fall 2023 Lincoln Park Move-In Guide, last updated 7/17/23
• Fall 2023 University Center (Loop) Move-In Guide, last updated 6/29/23
The following services are available for new arrivals from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on major move-in days: August 23, August 27, and September 2.
• Move-in carts (there is a 20-minute checkout system; if possible, please try to bring your own moving dolly)
• Elevator/access doors
• Doorstep Demons move-in volunteers
• Wristbands for free parking from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the Clifton Parking Deck (2330 N. Clifton Ave.) or Sheffield Parking Garage (2331 N. Sheffield Ave.)
Lincoln Park residents: When you arrive on campus to move-in, please go to the check-in station for your residential building as indicated on the Lincoln Park Check-In Stations Map. At the check-in station, you will receive a welcome packet that has the keys to your unit and wristbands for your moving helpers.
University Center (Loop) residents: Your check-in process begins at Holden Court as indicated in the Fall 2023 University Center Move-In Guide (page 5).
The information outlined on this webpage is meant for new DePaul residents who are moving to campus at the start of Winter Quarter. Incoming residents should have received a Winter Quarter Housing letter in early December, and may refer to our FAQ below and our Winter Arrival Info Sheet for more information about how to prepare for move-in.
Move-in appointments are not required. Starting Saturday, January 6, 2024:
• New, incoming residents may move to campus. They must follow move-in instructions provided by DePaul Housing staff or University Center (Loop) staff, depending on their housing assignment.
• Current residents of Corcoran Hall, LeCompte Hall, McCabe Hall, Munroe Hall, Ozanam Hall, Seton Hall, and University Hall may return to their building.
Note: Current residents of Centennial Hall, Courtside Apartments, Sancturary Hall, Sancturary Townhomes, Sheffield Square, and University Center may access their building at any time during Winter Break.
New Lincoln Park residents can move-in on January 6, 2024 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Residents should check-in at their assigned hall, except for the following:
• Munroe and LeCompte Hall residents will check-in at the West Area Office in Munroe Hall.
• Apartment residents (Sanctuary, Centennial, Sheffield Square, Courtside) will check-in at the East Area Office in Centennial Hall.
Services like moving bins, elevator access, complimentary parking, etc. are only available on Saturday, January 6, from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. If you choose to move-in after January 6, we highly recommend bringing a moving dolly, as services will be limited. Students moving in on January 6 can expect the following:
• Move-in carts will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be a limited number of carts available at your building for check-out.
• Each resident is allowed up to two (2) move-in helpers between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Move-in helper wristbands will also grant complimentary parking in either our Clifton Parking Deck or Sheffield Garage.
• Elevator/loading dock door access will be provided for Sanctuary Hall & Townhomes, Seton and University Hall.
Residents moving in after January 6 can expect the following:
• On your move-in day, report to your assigned Area Office to receive your keys. Offices are staffed Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
• Residents will be required to sign-in a maximum of two (2) moving helpers at the front desk of their building. Visitors must abide by our Visitor Policies and provide proper identification.
• Move-in helpers may park at an unloading zone in front the building for up to 15 minutes to drop off their student and student’s belongings. Garage parking is also available at the Clifton Parking Deck or Sheffield Garage; please note that the only date for complimentary garage parking is Saturday, January 6, from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The University Center will email new residents directly with move-in details. Any questions directly related to move-in can be sent to UCHousing@peakmade.com.
More information for Spring Quarter 2024 will be posted in February 2024.
Spring Quarter Move-In for new, incoming residents will begin on Saturday, March 23, 2024.
Details will be forthcoming.
Students approved for summer housing will find move-in information in this section starting May 2024.
Spring quarter residents who are approved for summer housing must be available to transition to their summer housing assignment on Tuesday, June 18, 2024.
Details will be forthcoming.
You can find your roommate or roommates listed in the Housing Portal at myhousing.depaul.edu. If your assigned roommate chooses not to come to DePaul, another will be assigned to the vacant space. We encourage you to check the portal periodically during the summer in case of updates.
Have an open mind when speaking with your roommates and recognize that this is new territory for all. Roommates cannot be changed prior to move-in day.
When you talk to your roommate(s), discuss how you'll decorate your unit. Be sure you don't have duplicates of these items, as only one of each is allowed per unit.
• Mini Fridge – must be 4.8 cubic feet or less (not allowed in apartments)
• Microwave – must be 1500 watts or less
We recommend bringing items on the DePaul Housing Packing List.
Your Blue Demon Card serves as your official identification at DePaul University; you are required to have it at all times while on campus and specifically to enter your Lincoln Park residence hall. If you don't already have a Blue Demon Card, please make sure you follow the How to Secure Your Blue Demon Card Instructions (last updated 7/7/23) and have your Blue Demon Card with you on your move-in date. For more information, visit the ID Card Services webpage. University Center residents, you will also have a University Center ID that is separate from your Blue Demon Card and is used only at the University Center. You will need this card to enter the building, enter your unit and use your meal plan. If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you will be charged a $50 replacement fee.
The Student Mail Center, located in Suite 317 of the Lincoln Park Student Center, is responsible for issuing your mailbox key and provides you with a centralized location to receive your packages. Items cannot be mailed to your campus address prior to your scheduled move-in appointment.
All mail must be addressed as follows:
Your Full Name (no nicknames) DePaul University 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue, Suite #317 Mailbox # __________ Chicago, IL 60614
The University Center Mail Room is located on the second floor, directly across from the business office. Due to limited space and resources, if you are shipping boxes or trunks, you should arrange for your packages to be delivered no sooner than 48 hours prior to your scheduled move-in date. Residents share a mailbox with their roommates and can obtain the combination from the mailroom. All mail must be addressed as follows:
Your Full Name (no nicknames)525 S. State StreetUnit # __________Chicago, IL 60605
Meal plans for the 2023-24 academic year will be active for all on-campus residents in Lincoln Park beginning August 27, 2023. For available dining hours and locations for the 2023-24 academic year, visit the Dining Locations & Hours webpage closer to the start of Fall Quarter.
Students who are staying on campus from August 23-26 for Premiere DePaul 12 or 13, may choose to participate in the Early Blue Bucks program. If this applies to you, please note the following details and instructions:
• Starting Monday, June 19, students with a move-in appointment between August 23 and 26 can purchase any number of Blue Bucks to add to their Campus Connect account.
- In Campus Connect, students must select Student Resources >> Optional Transactions >> Meal Plan Online to add Blue Bucks.
• Blue Bucks can be used from August 23-26 at the following on-campus dining locations in the Lincoln Park Student Center:
• With Blue Bucks, students have a variety of meal options from August 23-26. Some examples and estimates:
• Any Early Blue Bucks not used from August 23-26 will roll over to Fall Quarter.
Undergraduate and graduate student meal plans for the 2023-24 academic year begin Sunday, August 27. If you are arriving before August 27 for Premiere DePaul 12 or 13, you may purchase Early Flex Dollars to use at University Center from August 23-26.
Starting Monday, June 19, incoming University Center residents with a move-in appointment between August 23 and 26 can purchase any number of Flex Dollars to be used at dining locations on the 2nd floor of their residence hall. Any Flex Dollars not used from August 23-26 will roll over to Fall Quarter. Please know that this is an out-of-pocket expense and cannot be charged to your Student Account. Here’s how it works: 1. Log into the University Center Resident Portal.
2. Enter your DePaul email address (ending in @depaul.edu) and the password you created.
• If you no longer remember your password, you can select Forgot Password.
• Enter your DePaul email address and you will be emailed a link to create a new password.
3. Once you are logged in, go to the Resident Dashboard header.
4. Click Select on your room space.
5. Under My Notifications you will see Marketplace Now Open!
6. Select Place Order Now! >> Go to Marketplace.
7. Under Flex Dollars, click Add to Cart.
• You can add Flex Dollars in $25 increments.
8. After adding Flex Dollars to your cart, you will be taken back to the main amenity webpage.
9. Once you are ready to checkout, select Review & Pay >> Pay Now.
10. Finally, you will be taken to the payment provider website to make your payment.
• Flex Dollars take at least 24 business hours to appear on your meal account.
Certain items are prohibited in all Lincoln Park campus housing. Please visit the Prohibited Items webpage to learn more. Prohibited items found in campus housing will be confiscated by staff.
You are not allowed to bring your own mattress, bed or loft as university furniture must meet fire safety standards.
You are allowed to bring your own shower curtain, but you must hang it in conjunction with the university-provided curtains, as those are custom-fit and prevent water leaks.
For a full list of items restricted and prohibited at the University Center, DePaul's Loop Campus housing, see the University Center Resident Handbook.
If you're living in a traditional hall on Lincoln Park Campus, you may choose to rent a mini refrigerator and microwave combo unit (MicroFridge) from DePaul Housing's approved vendor My MicroFridge at mymicrofridge.com. All orders must be completed by August 1 to be placed in your unit before move-in. For more information, visit our My Microfridge webpage.
• The rental appliance is a refrigerator, true freezer, and microwave all-in-one.
• Confirm with all of your roommates before renting; each unit is only allowed one MicroFridge.
• Rental items will be delivered to your room prior to move-in day (if ordered by the deadline).
Corcoran Hall residents do not need to rent a MicroFridge as one is already provided in their unit.
University Center (Loop) residents living in suites may rent a MicroFridge; you will be given separate instructions provided by University Center staff.
Details will be forthcoming.
Details will be forthcoming.