Housing > Resident Resources > Move-In
Housing staff will publish the Fall 2023 Move-In Guide and moving support details in June.
Students will be required to select a move-in appointment time. Move-in appointments will be available in their housing portal beginning August 1, 2023. An email will be sent to students prompting them to schedule their move-in appointment. Appointments will be limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
• If you are a first-year student registered for Premiere DePaul 12 or 13*, your move-in appointment should be scheduled for Wednesday, August 23.
*Meals plans will not be activated for all residents until Sunday, August 27. However, students who are arriving on August 23 may take advantage of the Early Blue Bucks program. For more information about Early Blue Bucks, scroll down to the Other Tips and Campus Resources section and click on Dining. You may also visit the Dining website for instructions.
• If you are a first-year student NOT registered for Premiere DePaul 12 or 13 AND registered for a Discover Chicago course, your move-in appointment should be scheduled for Sunday, August 27.
• If you are a first-year student registered for Premiere DePaul 14, your move-in appointment should be scheduled for either Sunday, August 27 or Saturday, September 2.
• If you are a first-year student NOT registered for Premiere DePaul 14 AND registered for an Explore Chicago course, your move-in appointment should be scheduled for Saturday, September 2.
• General move-in for all students is Saturday, September 2.
NOTE: Sunday, September 3 and Monday, September 4 (Labor Day) the university is officially closed and, therefore, no move-in appointments will be available.
Transfer Students: When you are prompted via email to schedule a move-in appointment, you may choose Sunday, August 27 or Saturday, September 2 as your move-in date.
Continuing Students: When you are prompted via email to schedule a move-in appointment, you may choose Sunday, August 27 or Saturday, September 2 as your move-in date.
First-Year Law Students: When you are prompted via email to schedule a move-in appointment, please choose Sunday, August 13, as your move-in date.
Continuing Law Students: When you are prompted via email to schedule a move-in appointment, please choose Sunday, August 20, as your move-in date.
Details will be forthcoming.
Housing staff will publish additional move-in information in November 2023 for the upcoming Winter Quarter.
Starting Saturday, January 6, 2024:
• New, incoming residents may move to campus. They must follow move-in instructions provided by DePaul Housing staff or University Center (Loop) staff, depending on their housing assignment.
• Current residents of Corcoran Hall, LeCompte Hall, McCabe Hall, Munroe Hall, Ozanam Hall, Seton Hall, and University Hall may return to their building.
Note: Current residents of Centennial Hall, Courtside Apartments, Sancturary Hall, Sancturary Townhomes, Sheffield Square, and University Center may access their building at any time during Winter Break.
More information for Spring Quarter 2024 will be posted in February 2024.
Spring Quarter Move-In for new, incoming residents will begin on Saturday, March 23, 2024.
Students enrolled in Summer Session will find move-in information in this section starting May 2023.
Details will be forthcoming.
You can find your roommate or roommates listed in the Housing Portal at myhousing.depaul.edu. If your assigned roommate chooses not to come to DePaul, another will be assigned to the vacant space. We encourage you to check the portal periodically during the summer in case of updates.
Have an open mind when speaking with your roommates and recognize that this is new territory for all. Roommates cannot be changed prior to move-in day.
When you talk to your roommate(s), discuss how you'll decorate your unit. Be sure you don't have duplicates of these items, as only one of each is allowed per unit.
• Mini Fridge – must be 4.8 cubic feet or less (not allowed in apartments)
• Microwave – must be 1500 watts or less
We recommend bringing items on the DePaul Housing Packing List.
Your Blue Demon Card serves as your official identification at DePaul University; you are required to have it at all times while on campus and specifically to enter your Lincoln Park residence hall. If you don't already have a Blue Demon Card, please make sure your follow the How to Secure Your Blue Demon Card instructions and have your Blue Demon Card with you on your move-in date. For more information, visit the ID Card Services webpage. University Center residents, you will also have a University Center ID that is separate from your Blue Demon Card and is used only at the University Center. You will need this card to enter the building, enter your unit and use your meal plan. If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you will be charged a $50 replacement fee.
The Student Mail Center, located in Suite 317 of the Lincoln Park Student Center, is responsible for issuing your mailbox key and provides you with a centralized location to receive your packages. Items cannot be mailed to your campus address prior to your scheduled move-in appointment. However, you can make arrangements with DePaul Housing's approved vendor Storage Scholars to have items shipped and stored near campus over the summer. With their Ship to School service (available June 2023), the Storage Scholars team will deliver directly to your unit when you are ready to move-in for Fall Quarter.
All mail must be addressed as follows:
Your Full Name (no nicknames) DePaul University 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue, Suite #317 Mailbox # __________ Chicago, IL 60614
The University Center Mail Room is located on the second floor, directly across from the business office. Due to limited space and resources, if you are shipping boxes or trunks, you should arrange for your packages to be delivered no sooner than 48 hours prior to your scheduled move-in date. Residents share a mailbox with their roommates and can obtain the combination from the mailroom. All mail must be addressed as follows:
Your Full Name (no nicknames)525 S. State StreetUnit # __________Chicago, IL 60605
Meal plans for the 2023-24 academic year will be active for all on-campus residents beginning August 27, 2023. For available dining hours and locations for the 2023-24 academic year, visit the Dining Locations & Hours webpage closer to the start of Fall Quarter.
Students who are staying on campus from August 23-26 for Premiere DePaul 12 or 13, may choose to participate in the Early Blue Bucks program. If this applies to you, please note the following details and instructions:
• Starting Monday, June 19, students with a move-in appointment between August 23 and 26 can purchase any number of Blue Bucks to add to their Campus Connect account.
- In Campus Connect, students must select Student Resources >> Optional Transactions >> Meal Plan Online to add Blue Bucks.
• Blue Bucks can be used from August 23-26 at the following on-campus dining locations in the Lincoln Park Student Center:
• With Blue Bucks, students have a variety of meal options from August 23-26. Some examples and estimates:
• Any Early Blue Bucks not used from August 23-26 will roll over to Fall Quarter.
Certain items are prohibited in all Lincoln Park campus housing. Please visit the Prohibited Items webpage to learn more. Prohibited items found in campus housing will be confiscated by staff.
You are not allowed to bring your own mattress, bed or loft as university furniture must meet fire safety standards.
You are allowed to bring your own shower curtain, but you must hang it in conjunction with the university-provided curtains, as those are custom-fit and prevent water leaks.
For a full list of items restricted and prohibited at the University Center, DePaul's Loop Campus housing, see the University Center Resident Handbook.
If you're living in a traditional hall on Lincoln Park Campus, you may choose to rent a mini refrigerator and microwave combo unit (MicroFridge) from DePaul Housing's approved vendor My MicroFridge at mymicrofridge.com. All orders must be completed by August 1 to be placed in your unit before move-in. For more information, visit our My Microfridge webpage.
• The rental appliance is a refrigerator, true freezer, and microwave all-in-one.
• Confirm with all of your roommates before renting; each unit is only allowed one MicroFridge.
• Rental items will be delivered to your room prior to move-in day (if ordered by the deadline).
Corcoran Hall residents do not need to rent a MicroFridge as one is already provided in their unit.
University Center (Loop) residents living in suites may rent a MicroFridge; you will be given separate instructions provided by University Center staff.
Details will be forthcoming.
Details will be forthcoming.