DePaul University's National Student Employment Week
Each year, the Office of Student Employment celebrates its student employees and the work they do with National Student Employment Week (NSEW). This year, NSEW will take place April 8th-12th. Check out the daily events below and last year's Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) and Supervisor of the Year (SUPOTY).
Monday, April 8th: Office Decorating Day
Show your office pride by decorating the office as a team!
- All participating offices will have the chance to win a prize for the best decorated office!
- Email us by Monday, April 1st to request a complimentary decorating package.
- Quantities are limited!
Tuesday, April 9th: Professional Development Day
Develop your student employee's professional skills and experience. OSE and campus partners will bring the training to you! Managers, visit our Professional Development Section to arrange a workshop for your team.
- The Office of Student Employment will also provide FREE professional head-shots for students at the loop campus in DPC Suite 9700, 11:00-2:00PM.
- For non-student employees, tune into the Career Center's Instagram for a Live event on obtaining an on-campus job.
Wednesday, April 10th: Dodgeball Competition Day
Participate in our 6th Annual Dodgeball Tournament at the Ray Meyer Fitness and Recreation Center.
- Submit your team to via email by Monday, April 8th
- Review the full Dodgeball Rules and Regulations
- The competition will take place from 4-6 pm
- Snacks, fun competition, and team bonding will be provided
Thursday, April 11th: Student Employee Appreciation Day
This is a day dedicated to thanking your student employees. Celebrate your student employees by bringing in lunch/treats, participating in team building exercises or handing out department awards! Share your celebration pictures and stories via Twitter or Instagram using the #DePaulNSEW.
Friday, April 12th: SEOTY & SUPOTY Announcements
The winners of Supervisor of the Year and Student Employee of the Year will be announced on this day. All nominees will receive a certificate of excellence and recognition in the OSE community.
Read the full essays of both our winners:
Congrats to all nominated student employees and supervisors!