Tips for a Successful Search
Landing a job on campus is like any other job search - before you apply online, you need to prepare. Once you’ve started to apply, it pays to be persistent with your search as departments post jobs throughout the school year.
- Prepare a resume and cover letter. The Career Center offers resume and cover letter guides on their website. Visit a Peer Career Advisor for resume review.
- Login to the Campus Job Board. First–time users will be prompted to create a profile.
- Upload your completed resume in the Campus Job Board.
- Search and apply for jobs. Review listings daily and respond quickly to positions that you are interested in!
- Prepare for your interview—schedule a practice interview.
- Follow up with the jobs for which you’ve applied.
- Send thank you e–mails to staff with whom you’ve interviewed.
- Having difficulty? Contact us for help.
Off-Campus Jobs & Internships
If you’d like to expand your job or internship search beyond on-campus positions, check out Handshake. Handshake is the DePaul Career Center’s hub for job and internship listings, career event registration, on-campus interview information, and scheduling meetings with career advisors. Log in using your Campus Connect credentials. Check out our tips for using the platform.