We encourage all student employee managers to participate in OSE training sessions. These trainings bring managers together to discuss the most effective ways of managing students. The classes present an engaging atmosphere that encourages managers to share successes as well as challenges they have encountered when managing student employees.
Manager Certification Program Classes
We have partnered with Workplace Learning Performance and Organizational Development to offer the Manager Certification Program. Managers are required to complete seven classes—all four core classes and any three electives—within the program to achieve certification. The certification is an important step for you to develop managerial practices.
Required Core Classes (All 4 courses):
- Hiring Student Employees (SH001A)
- Managing Student Employees (MS001A)
- Progressive Discipline - Student Employees (PD001A)
- Appraising Student Employees (AS001A)
Electives (Select 3 additional courses):
- Goal Setting and Maintenance (GO001A)
- Ongoing Coaching and Feedback (GB001A)
- Employee Relations (ER001M)
- Interviewing and Hiring (IH001M)
To enroll in these courses, log in to Campus Connect and navigate to the following location: Self Service/Learning and Development/Request Training Enrollment. Once there, you can search for your desired course by its name, date or course number.
Upcoming Manager Training Sessions
To enroll in these sessions, log on to Campus Connect and navigate to the following location: Staff/Faculty Homepage /MyHR/Main Menu/Self Service/Learning and Development/Request Training Enrollment. Once there, you can search for your desired session by its name or date, and enroll.
Hiring Student Employees (SH001A)
- October 9th 2-4PM LPC SC 324
- December 5th 2-4PM Loop Daley 1001
- March 26th 10-12PM Loop Daley 1001
- May 14th 10-12PM LPC SC 324
Appraising Student Employees (AS001A)
- October 4th 10-12PM Loop Daley 1001
- November 27th 10-12PM Loop Daley 1001
- February 26th 2-4PM LPC SC 220
- May 1st 2-4PM LPC SC 324
Managing Student Employees (MS001A)
- November 8th 10-12PM Loop Daley 1001
- January 29th 10-12PM LPC SC 324
- March 6th 2-4PM Loop Daley 1001
- May 7th10-12PM LPC SC 324
Progressive Discipline Student Employees (PD001A)
- October 23rd 2-4PM Loop Daley 1001
- January 17th 2-4PM LPC SC 324
- March 14th 10-12PM Loop Daley 1001
- May 28th 2-4PM LPC SC 324
We can bring any of our core sessions to you. To arrange a training session during your department staff meeting, please contact Sarah Carbone, the associate director of the Office of Student Employment. Please Note: To schedule a training session, we require at least five attendees.