At the beginning of Winter Quarter 2019, every first-year student gained access to a Student Success Coach at DePaul. The success coaches are upperclassman or graduate-level students at DePaul who have been trained as a peer coach, and can assist students with the following:
- Reflecting on strengths and target areas for growth
- Establishing short-term academic and personal goals
- Identifying relevant campus resources
- Improving time management skills
- Joining or establishing student organizations
The program, offered by New Student and Family Engagement, is another DePaul effort to support the retention and success of first year students. You can learn more about it here.
All first year students received an email from their assigned success coach during the week of January 7, 2019. Ask your student if they've reached out to schedule their initial session! This is a unique opportunity that no student should miss out on!