What is Student Success Coaching?
Student Success Coaching is a peer coaching program that assigns an upperclassman or graduate level coach to each first-year student to support them in their transition to and journey through DePaul.
Student Success Coaches meet with their assigned students one-on-one, and together they reflect on the first year student’s strengths, challenges and vision for the future, while creating an action plan to meet their idea of success.
Your success coach can help you:
- Reflect on your strengths and target areas for growth
- Establish short-term academic and personal goals
- Identify campus resources most appropriate to help you on your way
- Improve time management skills
- Join or establish student organizations
No matter what your idea of success is, your coach will help you set goals and keep on track, encourage you along the way, and connect you to key campus resources at critical points on your journey.
To get connected with a Student Success Coach, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-325-7360.
Learn more about other student success programs at DePaul here.
Students who are engaged on campus are more likely to succeed in college.