Family Weekend takes place October 13 – 15 this year, with many exciting events already planned! Registration information and an overview of the weekend are available on our website. Pre-registration will close on October 1st (at 11:59 pm) so we can prepare personalized materials for each family; however, tickets will still be available for purchase on-site when you arrive for the weekend. The schedule of events will continue to grow right up until the weekend begins, so even after you have registered keep an eye out for newly added event updates. We hope you will be able to join your student and us for a wonderful weekend at DePaul!
We will highlight a few events in both this edition and the Fall edition of Family Connection; this month, we’re looking at events coordinated by the colleges across DePaul:
- The College of Communication is hosting a panel discussion about Digital Media & the News with advisors from DePaul’s student media outlets, moderated by NBC5 Chicago’s own investigative reporting team Carol Marin and Don Moseley!
- The Driehaus College of Business will be taking families and students on guided tours of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, accompanied by a faculty member from the college.
- The Dean and department chairs from the School of Music will host a Parent Reception, including information about the new School of Music building, the newly named “Holtschneider Center for Music and Performance”.
- A Television & Film Showcase, hosted by the College of Computing and Digital Media, will show off the talents of current students as well as an opportunity to see the College’s theater on the Loop Campus.
- See the opportunities available to and work of students from the College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences during their showcase on Saturday.
- Kevin Coval, author of the recently released book A People’s History of Chicago, will perform spoken word and hip hop poetry, along with special guests, through a partnership with the College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences.
Again, you can visit the Family Weekend webpage to get more information about the schedule for the weekend, see answers to frequently asked questions, and register for the weekend.