G.L.O.B.E. (Global Learning Overseas By Experience)
is a DePaul student organization for returning study abroad students and students interested in studying abroad. The organization provides great opportunities to connect with interesting individuals who have had some amazing experiences with international learning and travel!
What We Do
There are many benefits in becoming a G.L.O.B.E. member! We hold regular meetings twice a month,
sponsor cultural outings in the city of Chicago, and coordinate events on
campus, and engage in many exciting festivities for members throughout the
Benefits of G.L.O.B.E. Membership
- Build your resume to demonstrate active involvement in DePaul student life.
- Interact and reflect with fellow study abroad students.
- Meet new domestic and international friends.
- Share study abroad experiences with students interested in studying abroad.
- Meet international students with whom you can practice world languages like Chinese and French.
- Actively engage with the international community at DePaul and in the Chicago area.
- Enjoy a variety of cuisines at regular events - especially great for the “foodies” out there!
- Watch independent foreign films to encourage discussion in our academic community.
- Access resources and information on scholarship, volunteer and professional opportunities overseas.
Aside from prospective, current and past study abroad participants, G.L.O.B.E. welcomes ALL students interested in study abroad, international travel and those who enjoy experiencing multicultural interaction while in Chicago. International students at DePaul are strongly encouraged and are welcome to become a G.L.O.B.E. member and/or interact with other members.
If you are interested in becoming a G.L.O.B.E. member, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the GLOBE officers will be sure to contact you shortly.
Current G.L.O.B.E. Officers
- Kunza Shakil, Co-President
- Victor Ma, Co-President
- Caitlin Roberts, Co-Vice President
- Rachael Johnson, Co-Vice President
- Alondra Valle, Secretary
- Mykiliah Thompson, Marketing Chair
- Christine Carlson, Treasurer
- Cara Miller, Staff Advisor