Teaching at an institution located outside the United States can be an enriching and at times transformative experience for faculty members.
Many of DePaul’s partner institutions around the world welcome DePaul faculty members for teaching experiences, whether through bilateral faculty exchanges or temporary arrangements. Some of the partners have structured visiting scholar programs, while some arrange teaching experiences ad-hoc based on individual faculty interests and scheduling needs.
Teaching in China, India or Latin America
DePaul currently has partnerships with institutions in China, India and Latin America. For more information, please contact the corresponding Associate Director for Regional Initiatives (ADRI):
- Hui Lin (email@example.com), for teaching at Huaqiao University in Xiamen, China.
- Zafar Iqbal (firstname.lastname@example.org), for teaching at Symbiosis International University in Pune, India.
- Esther Quintero Guzman (email@example.com), for teaching at any of DePaul’s partners in Latin America.
Teaching in Croatia, June 2018
General Liberal Arts & Social Sciences call for participation in Erasmus Plus Mobility, June 2018
DePaul University and the University of Dubrovnik are partner institutions and in 2017-2018 have collaborated in a mutual mobility commitment supported by an Erasmus Plus grant. If you are interested in participating and in a position to make a firm commitment to this program, and if you meet the requirements of this particular arrangement, please notify the Administrator of the Political Science Department by April 15, 2018 (contact information below).
- Full/Senior professor status at DePaul University
- Expertise in Comparative Politics or Comparative Development
- Willingness to provide six lectures in twelve days at the University of Dubrovnik sometime before June 30, 2018
- Familiarity with the Erasmus Plus program and willingness to continue your relationship with the program over the coming three years
- Prepared to assist in the implementation of a video game designed at DePaul for the civic education of Croatian High School students
- Familiar or fluent in the Croatian language
For more information or if you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Dr. Dick Farkas at 1773.325.1977 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Istanbul Visiting Scholar Program
Koc University in Istanbul has a structured visiting scholar program. It primarily targets faculty who already have research contacts at Koc. If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please contact:
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
DePaul faculty members are also encouraged to pursue Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program awards. Fulbright awards allow faculty to spend time abroad teaching and doing research all over the world. Application deadlines for the Core Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program are usually in early August of every year.
In order to maximize awareness of the Fulbright opportunities and to offer support to faculty who are interested in applying for them, Dr. Scott Bucking, Associate Professor of History and previous Fulbright awardee, took on the role of Fulbright Faculty Mentor. He is available to consult with faculty who are interested in applying for Fulbright awards, offer support and a detailed knowledge of the various programs and available opportunities. Dr. Bucking can be reached at email@example.com or at 773-325-1562.
Below are recent DePaul faculty members who received a Fulbright U.S. Scholar award:
- Robert Adams, LAS
- John Ahern, DCOB
- Susan Bandes, COL
- Ellen Benjamin, SNL
- Scott Bucking, LAS
- Karen Budd, CSH
- Robin Burke, CDM
- Richard Farkas, LAS
- Katy Crossley- Frolick, LAS
- Jerold Friedland, COL
- Andrew Gold, COL
- Jonathan Gross, LAS
- Ronald Harvey, CSH
- Brian Havel, LAW
- Scott Hibbard, LAS
- Kathryn Ibata-Arens, LAS
- Jessica Jerome, CSH
- Barry Kellman, LAW
- Jon Murphy, COE
- Frank Perkins, LAS
- Ljubomir Perkovic, CDM
- James Peterson, DCOB
- Kelly Tzoumis, LAS (Distinguished Chair)
- Patricia Werhane, DCOB