Global Engagement > Partnerships > Programs for Partner Institutions >
From Paper to Prototype
summary: DePaul students will...
- Create a new product/service that will be taken over by partner students.
- Generate blueprints and detailed descriptions of their products in order for partner students to develop them.
- Receive design feedback from partner students about their products and development potential/viability.
- Conduct market research and customer development interviews about new products and will relay that information to partner students.
- Create a "go to market" plan that will be evaluated by the professor.
- Present their work to the professor and a group of invited guests.
Technology tools used:
- GoogleDrive (Docs, Hangouts, Google+), Dropbox
Communication Type/Interaction Mode:
- Students will need to identify the basic concepts of product design that apply to their products/services.
- Students will explain how they will apply those concepts and compare/contrast how it has impacted their own products/services.
- Students will need to use the knowledge acquired to work with and guide remote design teams to influence/design their product.
- Students will summarize how the relationship has impacted/improved their product.
- Finally, students will create, design and standardize a new product/service offering that will be ready for testing and prototyping by the remote student team.