Global Engagement > Partnerships > Programs for Partner Institutions >
DePaul/Dublin City University Partnership: Mathematics Education
In this GLE collaboration students discussed the similarities and differences in educational systems between Ireland and the US. They shared thoughts about the readings and videos they were assigned to. Students explored and analyzed the YPP Signature Flagway Game along with investigating the content and facilitation of these materials in order to plan at least two activities they can use in their field experience sites.
Technology tools used:
- Zoom, Discussion Board in D2L
Learning outcomes: Students will...
- Use technology to learn about their peers and investigate ways to work with students in the lower quartile.
- Analyze the signature YPP math games and jointly investigate the mathematics content and facilitation of these materials. They will discuss the 3 teacher competencies by identifying how these competencies are exhibited in the facilitation of the mathematics games.
- Collaboratively write lessons for math games that provide conceptual understanding and demonstrate the Algebra Project’s 5 Step Curricular Process.
- Post reflections on D2L discussion boards about students’ individual, group, and collective experiences in the partnership.