Residential Education offers its own forms of involvement. From our Residence Hall Council, where students can take a leadership role in their hall and floor communities, to becoming a member of the Residence Hall Conduct Board, and facilitating the conduct process at DePaul, there’s something for all students.
Resident Advisor (RA) is a part-time student staff member
(paraprofessional). The RA works in a specific building/complex and has
specific responsibility for working with students on his/her floor or
building. She/he is the primary facilitator for the development of
community on the floor/area. RAs accomplish this through peer education,
assessing needs, programming, crisis response, and establishing a
relationship with students in their residential community. This position
also requires that the individual be dependable, efficiently manage
time and resources, communicate effectively, complete administrative
tasks, exhibit creativity, and demonstrate an interest and willingness
to assist others.
Minimum Position Requirements for a Resident Advisor:
- Full-time undergraduate student status.
- Both your Fall and cumulative G.P.A. must be at or above a 2.5 (throughout your application and employment).
- Good standing judicially.
- One academic year commitment.
- Attend an information session in October or November. All candidates MUST attend one in order to apply.
- Review the job description and Resident Advisor Selection Guide given out at the information session.
- Apply via the student employment website; the application becomes available at the end of the Fall Quarter in November and will close in early December.
- In mid-January, applicants will be notified of the next steps in the application process.
Information Session Dates
- Thursday, October 17, 6PM-7PM, LP (Levan 506)
- Monday, October 21 12PM-1PM, Loop (DePaul Center 8012)
- Tuesday, October 22, 12PM-1PM, LP (LPSC 314A)
- Thursday, October 24, 8PM-9PM (Clifton-Fullerton 1st Flr. Lounge)
- Monday, October 28, 8PM-9PM, LP (Levan 506)
- Monday, November 4, 8PM-9PM, LP (University Hall Lower Level Lounge)
- Tuesday, November 5, 8PM-9PM, LP (Corcoran Hall Lobby)
- Thursday, November 7, 6PM-7PM, LP (Levan 506)
- Friday, November 8, 3PM-4PM, LP (Levan 506)
- Sunday, November 10, 6PM-7PM, LP (Munroe 114-116)
- Tuesday, November 12, 12PM-1PM, Loop (DePaul Center 8012)
- Friday, November 15, 3PM-4PM, LP (Levan 506)
- Applications will be available Friday, November 1, 2019
- All submissions are due Friday, December 6, 2019
Residence Hall Council (RHC)
RHC is an organization that represents students living on campus. With student representatives in each hall, led by an executive board, they strive to "make DePaul home". RHC works as a liaison between organizations, university departments, and residential students to enhance the quality of life in the residence halls by creating a safe and comfortable community. They serve as a voice for residential student concerns and praises and are dedicated to upholding DePaul’s Vincentian mission. RHC plans events in both the residence halls and the wider campus community to enhance the college experience and to create a friendly environment for all residents.
Check out more Residence Hall Resources.