Tableau is a data visualization tool that is being used to assist the division in creating more dynamic reports for data housed in Student Affairs. Tableau allows users to extract data from Excel spreadsheets, databases and servers to quickly and easily convert the information into graphs. The Project Leader and Student Affairs Graduate Assistants will use this tool to set-up reports and dashboards for departments that can be accessed online.
Student Affairs Reports
The reports included on this page are built on various data sources such as OrgSync and PeopleSoft Student Groups. Below is a list of the reports. Report descriptions will be forthcoming. If you find that you do not have access to a report it could be because you do not have adequate permissions for that report. Please forward any questions about access to the SA Tech Team (email@example.com).
- Divisional & Departmental Web Analytics: This dashboard represents the analytics for visits to divisional and departmental websites. It is built on outside numbers from Google Analytics which are automatically updated weekly.
- Adult Student Center Visits: This dashboard shows demographics information for the students that visit the Adult Student Center. This Dashboard uses live data which is refreshed at midnight.
- Demographic Profile: This Dashboard shows demographics information for the students that belong to the selected PeopleSoft Student Group(s). This Dashboard is built on an extract of data that is refreshed daily.
- Avg/Individual GPA: This Dashboard shows the range of an individual student's term GPA and Cumulative GPA. It also shows, the average GPA for all students in a particular PeopleSoft Student Group. The 'Term Descr' filter allows you to select the term for which you want to see the information. This filter will have three previous term options (excluding the ongoing and summer term ). Note: Data should only be considered finalized ten days after the term has ended. This Dashboard is built on an extract of data that is refreshed daily.
- Group Details: This Dashboard shows the number of students enrolled in the selected PeopleSoft Student Group. It also shows individual student enrollment within multiple Student Groups. This Dashboard uses live data which is refreshed at midnight.
- Updated Groups: This Dashboard shows the total number of active students in a particular PeopleSoft Student Group as well as the date the group was last updated. Note: Active student numbers may not be matched with the total enrolled students in that group since students can be active in a PeopleSoft Student Group without being active students. This Dashboard uses live data which is refreshed at midnight.
- Events Participation: This OrgSync Events dashboard was created to allow staff in Student Affairs to access metrics related to the events they swipe ID cards for within OrgSync. The dashboard allows staff to select one or multiple events which will result in the display of the demographic profile for students that attended the selected event(s). Faculty and staff are filtered out of these reports. The blue bars represent the unique number of students attending, while the gray bars represent all students (including duplicates) across the selected event(s). Hovering over the bars will give the percentage and count for both unique and total students. This Dashboard is built on an extract of data that is manually refreshed every 2 weeks.
- Membership Profile: This Dashboard shows demographics information for the students that belong to the selected Student Organization(s). This Dashboard is built on an extract of data that is manually refreshed.
- Org Details: This Dashboard shows student organization creation and renewal dates as well as the number of org members on the rosters and enrolled. It also shows average GPA for all members of an organization and metrics related to the number of total orgs students are a part of. This Dashboard is built on an extract of data that is manually refreshed.
- Departmental Portal Analytics: This dashboard represents the analytics for visits to OrgSync portals owned by departments within the division. This Dashboard is built on outside numbers from Google Analytics which are automatically updated weekly.
User Guide for Navigating Reports (developed by IRMA)
Above is a link to a handy user guide developed by our partners in Institutional Research & Market Analytics. Until a similar document has been created for Student Affairs, please feel free to use this as a reference. If you have questions, please direct them to Tyneka Harris Coronado in Student Affairs (not Coleen Dickman in IRMA).