Office of Institutional Diversity & Equity > Advocacy > Diversity Partners >
Info for Parents
- We're asking all parents to register if you are bringing your child to campus, regardless of if you are participating in any activities.
- Space is limited. This is a pilot year for the program so we have limited the amount of families that we can accommodate for the afternoon sessions. Next year we hope to expand the opportunities.
- If you are attending the afternoon sessions, talk to your child(ren) about which activity sessions they would like to attend. Be sure to do this prior to the deadline that will be indicated on an email sent to you after April 21st. In selecting sessions, indicate a ranking of your first and second choice for the time period. We will do our best to give you the first choice but session sizes will be limited. You will be informed of your individual schedule prior to the event day and given a copy during check-in on the day of the event.
- Light breakfast (morning session) and lunch/snack (afternoon session) is provided. If your child has special dietary restrictions or allergies, please notify us and we will try to accommodate if possible.
- Schools may not recognize this as an excused absence. The school information form explains the program and provides your approval for absence. Please be in communication with the child(ren)'s teacher(s) about any work they might miss and how to make it up.
- If you need to cancel anytime after submitting your registration, please contact Nancy Hashimoto at email@example.com. If it is the day of the event, please call 773-426-6400.
- This is a DePaul event and should not require that an employee take vacation or personal time in order to attend. However, units still need to operate and office coverage needs to be arranged. Some areas may need to have employees attend different sessions. You should check with your manager about coverage and participation. Managers and employees should discuss this issue prior to registration for the event.
- We encourage everyone to register early. Since this is the inaugural year we do not yet know the popularity of any one event for the day. Due to space and other issues, attendance is determined accordingly. Given this, some sessions or activities may fill sooner than others.
- If you do not have children joining you for the day of the event, we welcome volunteers to assist for the day.