The President's Diversity Advisory Council (PDAC) will promote collaboration and communication by bringing together representatives from constituency groups to actualize DePaul's diversity goals and objectives. The PDAC will advise the president regarding diversity issues, and serve the university's diverse populations by recommending coordinate institutional procedures that help achieve the objectives as outlined in the current strategic plan.
- The PDAC shall advise the president regarding the development and implementation of policies and programs designed to enhance the campus diversity, inclusion and engagement for all members of the university.
- The PDAC shall communicate diversity benchmarks and work in partnership with others to foster effective diversity management practices that promote faculty, staff and student diversity.
- The PDAC shall address diversity challenges, topics and opportunities that may be especially relevant to specific population groups.
- The PDAC shall provide OIDE with strategies and diversity recommendations to accomplish the objectives as outlined in the strategic plan.
The PDAC operates under the auspices of the Office of the President with the Vice President of OIDE facilitating the work of the committee. The PDAC is composed of representatives from across areas of the university and the PDAC membership reflects an inclusive cross section of diversity dimensions. Additionally, members of the PDAC will be selected by the president based on many factors that include, but are not limited to: qualification, diversity expertise required to achieve council goals, leadership skills, and a willingness to commit time and effort toward achieving DePaul's diversity vision. The PDAC will consist of a cadre of faculty and staff representatives from various academic colleges and units.
Members are appointed by the president.
Membership Terms, Roles and Responsibilities
- Each member shall serve a one year term.
- Shall review and become knowledgeable of diversity core concepts
- As part of service, faculty and staff will receive a letter of service for personnel file
- Staff and faculty shall be allowed the time to attend meetings, and this work load will be counted toward university service.
PDC Action Plan Grid Update