DePaul University Research Services > Research Protections > Institutional Review Board (IRB) > Policies & Procedures > Submitting New Protocol
Complete the required human subjects protection training. If you are a student, be sure your Faculty Sponsor has completed human subject protection training.
Review the IRB Getting Started and Levels of Review
webpage or talk to IRB staff to determine the appropriate level of review for your research activity.
Beginning June 1, 2020, all new protocols must be submitted using the online eProtocol system. You may use the instructions and older fillable PDF forms as a reference as to what information will be required and the instructions include a check list of documents which should be attached to your online application in the online system. Complete the appropriate application form in eProtocol and assemble your supporting documentation for the attachment tab online.
– Exempt application online
– Exempt info sheet or process
– Measures or Data Collection Tools
– Recruitment Materials (e.g., scripts, flyers)
– Collaborative IRB approval, if applicable
– Letters of Collaboration or Support, if applicable
– CITI training for all research personnel must be completed, but copies are only needed for external personnel**
– Expedited/Full Board application online
– Consent, parent/legal guardian permission, assent forms, as appropriate
Submit final completed materials to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for review and approval at using the online eProtocol portal.