DePaul University Research Services > Research Protections > Institutional Review Board (IRB) > Policies & Procedures > Submitting New Protocol
Complete the required human subjects protection training. If you are a student, be sure your Faculty Sponsor has completed human subject protection training.
Review the IRB Getting Started and Levels of Review
webpage or talk to IRB staff to determine the appropriate level of review for your research activity.
Complete the appropriate application form & assemble your supporting documentation.
– Exempt application signed*
– Exempt info sheet or process
– Measures or Data Collection Tools
– Recruitment Materials (e.g., scripts, flyers)
– Collaborative IRB approval, if applicable
– Letters of Collaboration or Support, if applicable
– CITI training for all research personnel must be completed, but copies are only needed for external personnel**
– Expedited/Full Board application signed*
– Consent, parent/legal guardian permission, assent forms, as appropriate
Submit final completed materials to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for review and approval at ORP@depaul.edu.