The Office of Research Services (ORS) offers Web-based training to all faculty and staff who are managing or supporting the management of externally sponsored projects.
Both of these training programs cover the basics of grants management, including roles and responsibilities, financial management of grant awards, sponsor relations, conflicts of interest, and award closeouts.
Both programs are designed to be convenient and engaging. They:
- Are completely Web-based, eliminating the need to attend workshops.
- Consist of “bite-sized” training modules that can be completed in 5 – 10 minutes.
- Can be entirely completed in around 2 hours.
- Offer the user a range of “hands on” learning experiences.
- Are self-paced, offering different pathways through the material.
Please Note: If your funding is from DePaul’s University Research Council (URC), Quality of Instruction Council (QIC), or Public Service Council (PSC), please visit Restricted Accounting's training program. ORS provides grants management training for faculty and staff with externally sponsored projects.
Responsible Conduct of Research
ORS also offers training in the responsible conduct of research (RCR) for undergraduates, graduate students, and postdocs who are engaged in research supported by the National Science Foundation.
In addition, ORS has developed guidelines, as needed, for Principal Investigators on meeting the National Institutes of Health RCR training requirement. See RCR training for more details.