DePaul University Research Services > Research Protections > Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC) >
Resources & Education
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, 8th edition
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals, 2013 edition
- Guidelines for the care and use of fish research. 1995. Detolla LJ, Srinivas S, Whitaker BR, Andrews C, Hecker B, Kane AS, Reimshuessel R. ILAR J 37:159-173.
- Guidelines for the health and welfare monitoring of fish used in research. 2006. Johansen R, Needham JR, Colquhoun DJ, Poppe TT, Smith AJ. Lab Anim 40:323-240.
- Guidelines for the Use of Fishes in Research. 2004. Use of Fishes in Research Committee. Joint publication of the American Fisheries Society, the American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, and the American Institute of Fisheries Research Biologists.
- Guidelines of the American Society of Mammologists for the Use of Wild Mammals in Research. 2011. Gannon WL, Sikes RS, and Animal Care and Use Committee of the American Society of Mammalogists. J Mammal 92:235-253.