DePaul University Research Services > Award Management > Personnel & Compensation > Salary Reallocations

Salary Reallocations

​​​​One of the more common administrative transactions applied to grant activities is the assignment of personnel costs already incurred to or from the project account.

Salary Reallocation

This is requested when PAST salary payments (normally, but not necessarily, with associated benefits) are to be added to or removed from a particular grant activity's expenses.

Processing of either transaction is accomplished through the submission of the Grant Salary Reallocation Request through the Financial Services Help Desk. The request will be reviewed by ORS Award Management and processed by Restricted Accounting.

​Things to Keep in Mind

  • Principal Investigators should monitor the salary spending on their grant so that if any reallocations need to be processed, they are identified quickly.
  • Reallocations for pay periods 90 days in the past are generally not possible owing to potential incompatibilities with Time and Effort reports.

Questions regarding this process can be directed to O​RS​ or to Restricted Accounting in Financial Affairs.