At both campuses public safety supervisors and officers will assist in the transportation of all seriously injured or suddenly ill students and staff members to the nearest hospital utilizing the following:
- Private ambulance
- Public Safety vehicle (Lincoln Park Campus only)
When an emergency happens:
DePaul students are reminded to carry university identification at all times.
- Telephone Public Safety at (773) 325-7777 (Lincoln Park Campus) or (312) 362-8400 (Loop Campus) on a house telephone.
- Describe campus and exact building location.
- Give an accurate description of the event.
- Have someone stay with the patient until help arrives.
- Don't move the patient unless their life is in danger in the existing location.
- Give accurate direction to help emergency personnel locate the patient.
- Don't hang up until told to do so.
- Meet the emergency personnel to guide them to the patient.
Public Safety only provides
transportation for emergencies to the hospital. All subsequent transportation
is the responsibility of the student.