Students have the option to withdraw from a course, complete a withdrawal from the university and request a leave of absence. Students are advised to review the Withdrawal Policy prior to taking any of these actions.
View a Learning Center help video (Update coming soon) to learn more.
To Withdraw from a Class:
To Withdraw from the University:
- Students wishing to permanently
withdraw from DePaul University must fill out an online form through
Campus Connect. Simply ceasing to attend, or notifying the instructor,
or nonpayment of tuition, does not constitute an authorized withdrawal
and may result in academic as well as financial penalty.
- Please note that you will need to drop your classes before you can complete your request.
- After submitting the online form, a confirmation of your permanent withdrawal will be emailed to you. The email will include any additional steps you may need to take to complete your withdrawal from the university.
To Request a Leave of Absence:
- All students who have completed at
least one term at DePaul are eligible to request a leave of absence, up
to three consecutive terms, during their student career.
- Please note that if you are enrolled
in classes for the term you are requesting a leave, you will need to
drop your classes before you can complete your request.
- When completing the online form, you
will be prompted to select the term you plan to return. If you are
unsure of your return date, choose the next available term for this
request. If you need to adjust the length of your leave, contact DePaul
- After submitting the form, a confirmation of your leave of absence request will be emailed to you.
The confirmation will indicate the dates you will be on leave, as well
as any additional steps you may need to take to complete your leave of
- When you are ready to return from your
leave, no additional action is required. Once registration is open,
you will be able to enroll in classes for the term you selected for your