Students have the option to withdraw from a class or complete a permanent withdrawal from the university. Students are advised to review the Withdrawal Policy prior to taking any of these actions.
Students in the military who have completed at least one term during their current career at DePaul and are called to active duty that interrupts their enrollment, must complete the Permanent Withdrawal/ Military Leave of Absence request in Campus Connect. Students are advised to review the Military Accommodations Policy prior to taking any action.
To Withdraw from a Course:
To Permanently Withdraw from the University:
- Students wishing to permanently withdraw from DePaul University must fill out an online form through Campus Connect. Simply ceasing to attend, or notifying the instructor, or nonpayment of tuition, does not constitute an authorized withdrawal and may result in academic as well as financial penalty.
- Please note that you will need to drop your classes before you can complete your request.
- After submitting the online form, a confirmation of your permanent withdrawal will be emailed to you. The email will include any additional steps you may need to take to complete your withdrawal from the university.
To Request a Military Leave of Absence:
> Academic Records > Select Withdrawal/Leave of Absence. Once the form is displayed, students must select "Military Leave of Absence" and answer the remaining questions.
- Please note that if you are enrolled in classes for the term you are requesting a leave, you will need to drop your classes before your request can be processed.
- When completing the online form, you will be prompted to select the term you plan to return. If you are unsure of your return date, choose the next available term for this request.
- After submitting the form, a confirmation of your military leave of absence request will be emailed to you. The confirmation will indicate the dates you will be on military leave, as well as any additional steps you may need to take to complete your request.
- If you return from your leave for the term indicated on the request, generally no additional action is required. Once registration is open, you will be able to enroll in classes for the term you selected for your return unless there are other factors present, such as a registration hold on your account.
- If you need to adjust the length of your leave or have been out longer than what was originally requested or have any other issues or questions, please contact DePaul Central.