Financial Aid balances enrollment goals relative to net tuition revenue, student retention, enrollment quantity, academic quality and institutional diversity through effective administration of institutional, state, federal and private aid programs. Financial Aid is responsible for addressing prospective student inquiries, managing financial aid packaging and awards to all aid applicants, and administering funds to current DePaul students. Additionally, Financial Aid is responsible for interpreting and ensuring compliance with all federal, state, institutional and private agency regulations related to the administration of financial aid funds.
Financial Aid activities are organized into the following functional areas:
- Scholarships strategically awards institutional, endowed and private scholarship funds (including veteran’s benefits) to DePaul students by working closely with the Office of Advancement, Office of the Provost, external agencies, donors and budget managers across all campuses.
- Outreach and Recruitment assists in achieving enrollment and mission goals by providing specialized services to specific student populations—including incoming freshmen and transfer students, TRIO program participants, and Chicago Public Schools (CPS) and Target H.O.P.E. students.
- Service and Partnerships serves as the front line in providing service to undergraduate, graduate and professional students and their families through DePaul Central, in addition to serving the larger DePaul community through participation on various campus committees and projects.
- Operations and Systems implements and manages federal and state regulations in the administration of more than $500 million in student aid funds annually. They also leverage existing and new technologies in support of federal, state and institutional compliance and enrollment goals.
- Policy and Compliance is responsible for interpreting federal and state regulations and working with the Operations and Systems group to develop processes necessary to maintain compliance. Additionally, this staff manages all internal and external auditing functions and works with the DePaul community to ensure and improve compliance with federal, state, institutional and private agency regulations.