Office for Academic Advising Support > Exploring Majors > FAQs


This depends on your college and/or major, but students typically declare their major by the beginning of their junior year. It is normal for students to explore different disciplines in their first two years of study. Check with your college for more information on specific information related to declaring your major. 

You can switch your major if you've already declared one. Be aware that switching majors later in your academic career may cause a delay in graduation. See an OAAS advisor to discuss your degree progress in the new major you are considering.

Students can transfer from one DePaul college to another by completing an Inter-College Transfer on Campus Connect. Students must have completed at least 12 quarter hours and meet the GPA requirement of the college into which they wish to transfer. For more information, please visit the DePaul Central website.