OAAS will meet with any undergraduate student who is undeclared or thinking about changing or adding a major or minor. There are several ways to connect with OAAS:
1. Online Zoom Academic Advising Appointments: Zoom appointments are offered every day of the week. To schedule an appointment, please email AdvisingSupport@depaul.edu. Between the hours of 9am-5pm on Mon-Fri, you may also use the chat window below or call us at 773/325-7431. Students who wish to bring a guest to their advising appointment should plan to meet on Zoom.
2. In-Person Appointments: In-person appointments are offered every day of the week and can be filled only by students who are currently enrolled in in-person classes. To schedule an appointment, please email AdvisingSupport@depaul.edu. Between the hours of 9am-5pm on Mon-Fri, you may also use the chat window below or call us at 773/325-7431.
3. Email: Email AdvisingSupport@depaul.edu for assistance with quick questions, referral information to other offices, or assistance scheduling an advising appointment with OAAS.
4. Live Chat: Use the chat feature below Mon-Fri 9am-5pm for assistance with quick questions, referral information to other offices, or assistance scheduling an advising appointment with OAAS.
5. BlueStar: If you are undeclared in LAS, CSH, or CMN, you have an assigned OAAS advisor and can schedule an appointment directly to your advisor's calendar using BlueStar. Log into Campus Connect and click on the Student Resources tile to schedule.
Students who are declared and are not considering a change should contact their home college advising office for assistance with advising.
The Office for Academic Advising Support (OAAS) empowers students to make academic choices that incorporate their individual interests, values and skills. We provide holistic advising and major exploration services to undeclared and exploratory students, and we advise newly admitted transfer students as they transition to DePaul. Additionally, OAAS provides advising support services to the DePaul community and fosters university-wide collaborations with faculty and staff to enhance advising experiences for DePaul students.
OAAS advisors are available throughout the week to meet with you. Find out how to schedule an appointment here!
It's normal to be uncertain about your major. OAAS can help you strategically explore options that are a good fit for you.
The For New Students page contains helpful resources for learning about next steps after orientation and a glossary to help you understand new terminology you'll encounter at DePaul.