- To highlight ways in which communities around the world can and have responded to conditions of violence, displacement and marginalization;
- To support community efforts to engage in regenerative, community-building activities and break new ground in their struggles;
- To connect insights that emerge from work in communities touched by violence in Chicago with global learning that emerges from community struggles abroad;
- To share information about our own engaged research with the larger DePaul community;
- To encourage additional scholarship and creative activities addressing these kinds of
issues at DePaul;
- To build a network of faculty, staff and students at DePaul with whom to collaborate on engaged research initiatives.
VdPP Coordinator: VdPP Marisa Alicea (School for New Learning) email@example.com
Projects: This group plans to organize a public panel discussion in late January 2017 in which available SVdPP members will present an overview of their engaged research and invite comments and suggestions from the participants.