Student Financial Accounts > FAQ > Perkins Loan

Perkins Loan

DePaul University has partnered with Heartland ECSI to service all Federal Perkins loan accounts. To access and make a payment, please visit or call 1-844-760-6052. 

The Federal Perkins loan does have certain cancellation/deferment provisions that may apply to you. To determine whether you may qualify, please contact University Accounting Service at (844)-760-6052. If you are ready to initiate the request, you may obtain the documentation electronically by going to

For more information on Perkins Loans, please visit We also suggest you visit their Help Center page:

DePaul University conducts interviews on Perkins Loans to meet federal requirements. The initial request to complete the exit-interview is sent via email by Heartland ECSI.  Please note that until the exit-interview is completed, a financial block may be administered, preventing the release of your transcripts/diploma.