Meal Plan Types & Rates
Meal plans allow residents to use their DePaul or University Center ID card to make food purchases at various locations on both campuses.
Every effort is made to accommodate students’ individual needs. Keep in mind that the meal plan requirements do not permit release based on religious dictates, personal food choice, lifestyle or preferences (e.g., vegetarian, vegan), or other non-medically-based dietary requirements. Students wishing to request a meal plan accommodation may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lincoln Park Plans
Lincoln Park plans may be used at all dining locations on the Lincoln Park Campus, as well as the Loop Campus dining area. Meal plans provide students a set number of meal allotments per quarter, which vary depending on the plan type. Unused meal allotments do not roll over from quarter to quarter.
Lincoln Park meal plans also provide students with Flex dollars. Flex dollars can be used for purchases outside of the main dining areas (such as campus cafes) and can be used when classes are not in session (such as spring break). Flex dollars are made available on the first day of each quarter and do roll over from quarter to quarter, but not from year to year. Any Flex dollars remaining at the end of spring quarter will be forfeited.
||2018-19 Academic Rate|
- Apartment Plan: Minimum requirement for transfer and continuing students who will be living in campus apartments in Lincoln Park. Allows for 35 meals and 300 Flex dollars per quarter.
- Blue Plan: Minimum requirement for transfer and continuing students who will be living in traditional-style residence halls in Lincoln Park. Allows for 130 meals and 300 Flex dollars per quarter.
- DePaul Plan: Minimum requirement for new incoming freshmen students who will be living in Lincoln Park. Allows for 150 meals and 300 Flex dollars per quarter.
- Demon Plan: Available to any student regardless of residence hall or class standing. Allows for unlimited meals plus 300 Flex dollars per quarter.
University Center Plans
University Center meal plans can only be used in the University Center's dining center. University Center meal plans provide students with a set number of meal allotments per week. Meal allotments begin on Monday and continue through Sunday. The meal allotments are reset every Monday during the quarter/semester and are only available while classes are in session.
University Center meal plans also provide students with Flex dollars. Flex dollars can be used for purchases outside of the main second-floor dining area and can be used when classes are not in session (such as spring break). Flex dollars are made available on Monday of each week and will roll over from quarter/semester to quarter/semester, but not from year to year. Any remaining Flex dollars at the end of spring quarter/semester will be forfeited.
||2018-19 Academic Rate*|
||One time charge
||One time charge
- Basic Plan: Offers 10 meals per week plus 240 Flex dollars for each quarter/360 for each semester.
- Standard Plan: Offers 15 meals per week plus 240 Flex dollars for each quarter/360 for each semester.
- Apartment Plan: Offers 150 meals and 376 Flex dollars over the course of the academic year. Plan is billed in full at the start of the plan and can only be changed within the first two weeks of the quarter/semester.
*Rates are subject to change.