Meal plans allow residents to use their DePaul or University Center ID card to make food purchases at various locations on both campuses. Rates for 2018-19 can be found below.
Every effort is made to accommodate students’ individual needs. Keep in mind that the meal plan requirements do not permit release based on religious dictates, personal food choice, lifestyle or preferences (e.g., vegetarian, vegan), or other non-medically-based dietary requirements. Students wishing to request a meal plan accommodation may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lincoln Park Resident Plans
Meal plans for Lincoln Park residents provide students a set number of meal allotments per quarter, which vary depending on the plan type and are for personal use only. These meal plans can be used at DePaul dining locations on the Lincoln Park Campus and at the Loop Campus dining hall (11th floor of the DePaul Center).
Meal plans also provide students with Flex dollars. Flex dollars can be used for purchases outside of the main dining areas (such as campus cafes) and can be used when classes are not in session (such as spring break). Flex dollars are made available on the first day of each quarter and do roll over from quarter to quarter, but not from year to year. Any Flex dollars remaining at the end of spring quarter will be forfeited.
How does my meal plan work?
Meal plan account information is encoded directly onto your DePaul ID Card. Simply present your DePaul ID to the cashier to enjoy all-you-care-to-eat dining at Create, a daily carry-out meal or a daily exchange at one of our exciting platforms. See more details in our graphic below.
||2018-19 Academic Rate|
- Demon Unlimited: Available to any student regardless of residence hall or class standing. Allows for unlimited meal swipes, 300 Flex dollars and 4 guest meals per quarter.
- DePaul 150: Minimum requirement for new incoming freshmen students who will be living in Lincoln Park. Allows for 150 meal swipes, 300 Flex dollars and 3 guest meals per quarter.
- Blue 130: Minimum requirement for transfer and continuing students who will be living in traditional residence halls in Lincoln Park. Allows for 130 meal swipes, 300 Flex dollars and 2 guest meals per quarter.
- Apartment 35: Minimum requirement for transfer and continuing students who will be living in campus apartments in Lincoln Park. Allows for 35 meal swipes, 350 Flex dollars and 0 guest meals per quarter.
University Center Resident Plans
Meal plans for University Center residents can only be used in the University Center's dining center. University Center meal plans provide students with a set number of meal allotments per week. Meal allotments begin on Monday and continue through Sunday. The meal allotments are reset every Monday during the quarter/semester but will not reset during winter break. (Only Flex dollars will be available for winter break.)
University Center meal plans also provide students with Flex dollars. Flex dollars can be used for purchases outside of the main second-floor dining area and can be used when classes are not in session during winter break. Flex dollars are made available on Monday of each week and will roll over from quarter/semester to quarter/semester, but not from year to year. Any remaining Flex dollars at the end of spring quarter/semester will be forfeited.
||2018-19 Academic Rate|
||One time charge
||One time charge
- Basic Plan: Minimum requirement for students living in suites at the University Center. Offers 10 meals per week plus 240 Flex dollars for each quarter/360 for each semester.
- Standard Plan: Offers 15 meals per week plus 240 Flex dollars for each quarter/360 for each semester.
- Apartment Plan: Offers 150 meals and 376 Flex dollars over the course of the academic year. Plan is billed in full at the start of the plan and can only be changed within the first two weeks of the quarter/semester.
Non-Resident Meal Plans
Students not living on campus may purchase a meal plan if they would like. Meal plan types are described above under "Lincoln Park Resident Plans," and non-residents may choose any level of plan. These plans can be used at DePaul dining locations on the Lincoln Park Campus and at the Loop Campus dining hall (11th floor of the DePaul Center).
Please use the Non-Resident Meal Plan Request to add, change or cancel current and future meal plans. Note: No changes or cancellations can be made to a meal plan after the end of the second week of classes of each quarter.
If you do not want to add a meal plan but wish to add funds to your DePaul University ID card, you can do so by logging in to Campus Connect. Once logged in, select Student Resources > Optional Transactions > Meal Plan Online. You can add funds by using a credit card or by billing them to your student account.
Meal Plan Terms & Conditions 2018-19
- Allotments for all meal plans are only for use by the student associated with the plan and cannot be used by others. This excludes guest meals.
- Meal plans are only valid in the quarter for
which they are defined and will expire on the last day of each respective quarter.
- Meal plans cannot be cancelled or changed after
the end of the second week of classes of each quarter.
- Flex dollar balances will roll over to future
quarters, but expire at the end of the spring quarter.
- There are no refunds for unused meals or Flex
- Starting the second week of classes, newly
added meal plans will be prorated for the allotted meals. Flex dollars will be
added in full.
- If a student cancels their housing agreement,
the meal plan will be cancelled for any future quarters.
- Signing the housing agreement holds students to the meal plan terms and conditions.
- Full meal plan terms can be found in section 5 of the terms and conditions.