The University Registrar supports the core principles of the university and ensures the accuracy and privacy of each student's academic record in order to protect the value and integrity of a DePaul education.
- Serve as the institutional steward for academic information in an accurate, consistent and timely manner.
- Provide consistent application of the academic rules and regulations as set forth by the university's governing structures.
- Ensure student record privacy and maintain confidentiality as prescribed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Assist students to fulfill their educational goals by providing student-centered services.
- Support the DePaul community with a collaborative spirit and strategic foresight to advance the goals and mission of the university.
- Care for each other as colleagues by promoting a professional, respectful, friendly and caring office environment that contributes toward the success of each individual team member in the University Registrar.
- Provide students with online tools and resources to manage the enrollment processes.
- Use technology to deliver quality services and innovative solutions.
- Provide leadership to the university community on issues related to student records.
- Maintain course information and degree requirements including the academic catalog and schedule of classes.
- Oversee registration, grading, conferral of degrees and distribution of diplomas.
- Deliver online functions such as official transcripts, unofficial transcripts, course history reports, placement testing, inter-college transfer, enrollment verifications, degree verifications and degree progress reports.
- Report student data to the university as well as federal and state units.
- Maintain immunization records as required by the State of Illinois.
- Educate the university community on the privacy rights of students as accorded them through FERPA.
- Provide students with answers about processes, services and transactions through DePaul Central.
- Preserve historical DePaul and custodial academic records.
Students can get help and conduct business with the University Registrar through DePaul Central. DePaul Central is a one-stop integrated student service area for students to take care of their core business transactions. For more information, visit the DePaul Central site.