On Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, DePaul University will celebrate
the inauguration of its 12th president, A. Gabriel Esteban, PhD.
Sunday, Nov. 19
3 p.m. ceremony
Navy Pier Grand Ballroom
Reception to immediately follow
600 E. Grand Ave.
- From the north, take Lake Shore Drive (US 41)
to the Grand Avenue exit and follow signs to Navy Pier.
- From the northwest, take the Kennedy
Expressway (I-90/94) to the Ohio Street Exit, head east on Ohio to Wells, head
south on Wells to Illinois Street, then proceed east to Navy Pier. A secondary
route is to take the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) to the Ohio Street exit, head
east on Ohio to Columbus/Fairbanks, then go south on Columbus/Fairbanks to
Illinois, and proceed east on Illinois to Navy Pier.
- From the west, take the Eisenhower Express
(I-290) to Columbus Drive, north to Illinois Street and proceed east to Navy
- From the southwest, take the Stevenson
Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41) north to Illinois Street exit and
turn right (east) at Grand Avenue to Navy Pier Parking.
- From the south, take the Dan Ryan Expressway
(I-90/94) east to the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41)
north to Illinois Street exit and turn right (east) at Grand Avenue to Navy
- From the southeast, take Lake Shore Drive (US 41) north to Illinois
- $28 flat parking rate - Valid at Navy Pier Garages only, 600 E. Grand Avenue. Published garage rates are valid for a 24-hour period starting from the time stamped on the ticket when the car entered the garage. Cars parked beyond the 24 hours will be subject to additional rates.
- Please use the East parking garage, closest to the Grand Ballroom.
- Inauguration-specific valet service will be available for $33 at entrance 2.
- Additional public transportation, rideshare and cab information is available on Navy Pier’s transportation page.
- More information on parking is available on Navy Pier's website.
Calendar of events
In addition to the ceremony and reception on Nov. 19, the university community will commemorate Dr. Esteban's inauguration with several events throughout the preceding weeks.
Wednesday, Nov. 8
President’s Signature Series
Immaculee Ilibagiza, Rwandan author and motivational speaker
1 – 3 p.m.
Lincoln Park Student Center, room 314 A/B
Saturday, Nov. 11
Men’s basketball game v. Notre Dame
Sunday, Nov. 12
St. Vincent de Paul Parish
Monday, Nov. 13
School of Music Performance – Small Jazz Ensembles
804 W. Belden Ave.
A. Gabriel Esteban, Ph.D., became the 12th president of DePaul University on July 1, 2017. He is the first lay leader in the university’s history. Prior to joining DePaul, Dr. Esteban served as president of Seton Hall University in New Jersey. He also has previously served as provost, dean and held faculty positions at higher education institutions across the country. He holds a doctorate in business administration, a master’s in Japanese business studies and an MBA.