Do I need to have a dining plan?
All residential students living in traditional campus housing are required to have a dining plan at specified minimums for each academic quarter. All first year resident students are required to purchase a minimum of the DePaul Plan for each the Fall and Winter quarters, and may change their dining option to the Lite Plan for the Spring quarter. All returning residents, not including first year students, much purchase a minimum of the Lite Plan for each quarter of the academic year. These guidelines apply for all those residing in traditional residence halls (Belden-Racine, Clifton-Fullerton, Corcoran, Munroe, Seton, and University Hall). Students residing in the university apartments (Centennial, McCabe, Sanctuary Townhomes, and Sheffield Square), are required to purchase a minimum of the Apartment Plan each quarter. Details are available through the Lincoln Park Student Center Administration Office, suite 319. If a student resides in the Vincent and Louise House or 1237 West, dining plans are optional.
How do I sign up for a dining plan?
- Residential Students - Students renewing for next year's housing will be asked to select a dining plan option as a part of the room selection process with Housing Services. New students sign up for a dining plan when they complete their first housing agreement with Housing Services.
- What if I live off campus? Meal Plans are optional for students living off campus. You can sign up for a traditional dining plan by filling out the Meal Plan Request form online, by visiting our office (Suite 319 of the Lincoln Park Student Center), or by downlaoding the form, and sending it in via fax or mail. Off-campus students also have the option of adding value to their dining plan using the Meal Plan Online. To access Meal Plan Online, log in to your Campus Connect and follow the link reading "Meal Plan Online" on the left side of the screen.
What happens to the money I do not use at the end of each quarter?
Your dining plan balance rolls over from quarter to quarter during the academic year, as long as you remain a DePaul student. Current second year students must use up their meal plans by the end of spring quarter, Friday, June 9, 2017. Remaining meal plan values for second year students will not continue after the end of finals week in spring quarter, June, 2017.
Current first year students must use up their meal plans by the end of final week, in their second year in June, 2017. Remaining meal plan values for first year students will not continue after the end of finals week in spring quarter, June, 2017.
Unused dining plan values on DePaul ID cards for all first year students beginning in fall, 2016, will roll forward from fall to winter to spring quarter of their first year and must be used up by the end of finals week in June, 2017. Remaining meal plan values for first year students in fall, 2016-17 will not continue after the end of finals week in spring quarter, June 2017.
Can I change my dining plan?
Yes! You can change your dining plan, but there are some restrictions. You may change to a lower plan (as long as you stay at the minimum plan required for your status/housing type) no later than the first two weeks of an academic quarter.
Can I use my dining plan at the vending machines?
Your dining plan can be used only at the Loop and Lincoln Park Student Center dining locations. Your dining plan will not work at the vending machines.
How can I check the balance on my dining plan?
Easy! Just go to campusconnect.depaul.edu and click on "ID Card Transactions." You may also ask a cashier at any dining platform to do a "balance inquiry", or you can visit ID Card Services in the Lincoln Park Student Center, Room 109.
What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?
Contact ID Services immediately to report your card as lost or stolen. ID Services can be contacted at the Loop (312) 362-5959 or at the Lincoln Park campus (773) 325-7466. We are not responsible for misused funds for the duration of the time in which your card was not reported as lost or stolen.
What do I do if my card runs out of money?
Students can add money to their dining plan by going on-line at Campus Connect, clicking on "Meal Plan On-line," and following the directions.
Am I able to buy meals for my friends or family?
Yes, but you must be there. Cashiers are unable to allow a purchase to be made on a dining card unless the dining card owner is present.
Where can I use my dining plan?
- On the Loop Campus - DePaul Center, 11th Floor Dining Service.
- On the Lincoln Park Campus - Student Center 2nd floor Dining Hall, Brownstone's Cafe, McGowan Cafe, as well as the The Bean located in the Schmitt Academic Center (SAC) and The Ray Meyer Fitness & Recreation Center.
Can I have my dining plan waived for the quarter?
In very rare cases dining plans can be waived. Waivers for Study Abroad students are only valid for the term length that the student is abroad. Documentation is required. To discuss a medical condition or Study Abroad waiver, please contact the Business Manager of the Student Center at (773) 325-7346, or visit the Lincoln Park Student Center in Room 303.
If I leave DePaul at the end of the quarter, can I get a refund on my unused balance?
If you leave DePaul, dining plan balances are NON-REFUNDABLE.
How do I choose the right dining plan for my student?
The 'right' dining plan choice is dependent on the student and their eating habits. We recommend selecting the lowest required plan for the student's residence hall. This is because you can always add value to the plan, while decreasing the plan is only allowed for the first two weeks of the academic term. Adding value is easy. Simply go to Campus Connect, and click on "Meal Plan On-line."
If I have questions regarding my dining plan who do I contact?(Commuter Students Only)
The dining plan office is located in the Student Center, Suite 319 and is available by phone at (773) 325-7052 as well as by email at email@example.com.
Can I use my dining plan at the University Center of Chicago (UCC)?
DePaul dining plans cannot be used at the UCC. DePaul dining plans can be used at the following locations:
- Loop Campus - DePaul Center 11th floor Dining Service
- Lincoln Park Campus - Student Center 2nd floor Dining Hall, Brownstone's Cafe, McGowan Cafe, and The Bean located in both the Schmitt Academic Center (SAC) and The Ray Meyer Fitness & Recreation Center.
Can I use my University Center of Chicago (UCC) dining plan at DePaul's Loop and Lincoln Park Dining Halls or The Bean?
No, a UCC dining plan can only be used at the UCC.
Can I have a dining plan at the University Center of Chicago (UCC) as well as at DePaul?
Yes, you can participate in both programs and carry two dining plans. Please be aware that you will get two separate charges on your student account.