Providing Access Through Holistic Support (PATHS)
PATHS is career-focused program offered by the Office of Multicultural Student Success to rising sophomores at DePaul University. The program seeks to equip students of color, students demonstrating financial need, and/or first generation college students for a successful transition to life after DePaul by using an identity-conscious approach to cultivate an awareness of the impact of students’ multiple dimensions of identity and a culture of career discernment.
All PATHS experiences are rooted in a curriculum that focuses on three learning domains: Graduate School and Career Awareness, Financial Fitness and Socially Responsible Leadership. Participants can take advantage of any of the opportunities below:
- Mentor Coaching Experience: PATHS participants are offered a personal mentor coach to meet with throughout the year. A mentor is there to help answer challenging questions about career aspirations, personal values, and will help access resources relevant to your specific career objectives.
- Half Day Professional Institute: Throughout the year, students attend a half-day conference once a quarter. Each quarter the conference focuses on a different theme with the overarching motif focusing on professionalism.
- Career Exploration Activities (CEAs): Participants are offered various workshops connected to the PATHS curriculum throughout the academic year.
- Career Portfolio: Participants will begin to compile a strong and competitive portfolio through quarterly assignments. Items will consist of: career goals, updated résumé, cover letter, etc.
- PATHS E-newsletter: The PATHS e-newsletter is sent bi-weekly to keep students up to date about job opportunities, scholarships and upcoming career exploration activities on campus.
Who can participate and how: Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors that are part of the OMSS target population. Application required.
- Cohort will consist of 20 students total
- Students completing the quarterly portfolio assignments are eligible for a $150 gift card (up to $450/year).
For more information about PATHS contact the Office of Multicultural Student Success.