The Community Peacemakers (CPM) program is one of DePaul University’s response to youth violence in Chicago. In partnership with the Chicago Public Schools’ Office of Service-Learning & Civic Engagement, CPM pairs DePaul students with CPS high school students to serve as college mentors in exploring the roots of violence, promoting peace throughout schools and communities, and engaging in peace projects in an effort to reduce violence in the city of Chicago.
Service & Restorative Justice
Restorative Justice is a theory of justice that emphasizes repairing the harm caused by crime and systems of injustice through cooperative processes that include all stakeholders.
Over the course of the year, DePaul students will:
- Learn about Restorative Justice
- Partner with CPS teachers and students
- Facilitate weekly classroom discussions and activities
- Foster a critical understanding of violence and the alternatives for peace in Chicago
- Develop and implement a Peace project with CPS students by end of the academic year.
How to Get Involved
For more information or to get involved, contact Gina Leal at email@example.com