On November 2, 2017 the DePaul Women’s Network (DWN) held its 13th annual Women of Spirit & Action Awards. DWN is a community network for women faculty and staff members, and the Women of Spirit & Action Awards, or WSA, recognizes women at DePaul who embody the selflessness of St. Louise de Marillac, who co-founded the Daughters of Charity with St. Vincent de Paul. Five female staff members from Student Affairs departments were recognized last fall:
- Stacey Jaksa, Assistant Director, Office of Residential Education
- Kate Lower, Alcohol and Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist, Office of Health Promotion and Wellness
- Hannah Retzkin, Sexual and Relationship Violence Prevention Specialist, Office of Health Promotion and Wellness
- Alyssa Rickman, Health Promotion Coordinator, Office of Health Promotion and Wellness
- Brittany Royce, Residential Director, Residential Education
The women were nominated for the various ways that they exemplify the Vincentian mission through their work, as well as their ‘get stuff done’ mentality. Nominators noted their advocacy, strength, ability to empower others, compassion, and integrity.