Lunch with Vincent
A monthly lunch dialogue program designed to foster reflection and conversation on Vincentian spirituality and its application to our life and work, while also enabling DePaul faculty and staff to connect with one another in meaningful dialogue and interaction. The program alternates campuses monthly (Loop and LPC) between September and June. For more information, to be put on the email invite list, or to RSVP for one of the dates below please contact us by phone or email.
Lincoln Park Campus
- Tuesday, April 26, 2016 – LPC SC 314B
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016 – DePaul Club
A Day with Vincent: Growing in the Vincentian Mission 2015-2016 Retreats
Since 2008, the Day with Vincent retreat program, formerly “Thursdays with Vincent”, sponsored by University Ministry, has successfully involved over 550 different DePaul faculty and staff in a day-long (9-5), mid-week retreat, helping participants to reflect more deeply on Vincentian spirituality and mission, as well as enabling participants to meet and engage with other DePaul faculty and staff from across the institution.
A Day with Vincent program offers faculty (including adjuncts) and staff three varied programmatic options from which to choose this coming academic year.
A Day with Vincent: Vincentian Community Service (VI001A)
February 19th, 2016, 2016, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
fellow DePaul faculty and staff for this DAY WITH VINCENT retreat program
involving an experience of Vincentian community service and reflection. Gather
with other DePaul community members to go out into the Chicago community and
give your time and energy to a community partner in need of help and
volunteers. We will meet in the morning to energize ourselves, give a few hours
of service at a community partner site and then reunite to reflect on and share
our experiences and thoughts from the day and community served, with a goal of
a deepened understanding of the Vincentian spirit and mission.
A Day with Vincent: Catholic Spirituality and Vincentian Mission (CV001A)
April 29th, 2016, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
fellow DePaul faculty and staff for this DAY WITH VINCENT retreat program,
which will have a more explicit and intentional Catholic-Christian focus. This
retreat is open to all who are interested in a better understanding of the
Catholic-Christian roots of the Vincentian mission. It will be at an off-site
location and provide time for speaker input, personal reflection and prayer,
conversation with colleagues, and deep learning about the Vincentian spirit and
mission. Transportation provided and participants will be back to campus by
A Day with Vincent: Interfaith Spiritual Retreat (AN001A)
May 12th, 2016, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
fellow DePaul faculty and staff for this DAY WITH VINCENT retreat program. This
retreat will involve a day-long, off-site spiritual retreat for up to 50
faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds, providing time for personal
reflection, conversation and deep learning on the Vincentian spirit and
mission. Participants are picked up in the morning, travel to an offsite
retreat location and return to campus by 5:00 pm. Those of any/all faith traditions and
backgrounds – and none – are welcome and encouraged to participate.
To Register for Workshops
Log into Campus Connection. Go to Employee Self-Service/Learning and Development/Request Training Enrollment. Search for above/desired course by course number to enroll. Enrollment is limited for each retreat day by date of enrollment. Because of the full-day nature of this program, please request approval from supervisors as needed in order to participate in this professional development opportunity. For more information contact Mark Laboe.
Religious/Spiritual Life at DePaul
DePaul faculty and staff are also encouraged to participate in any of the regular religious and spiritual practices, prayer and worship opportunities offered at either campus (Loop or LPC).
- Each day at noon when school is in session, daily Catholic Mass is offered at the Loop Campus Miraculous Medal Chapel on the 1st floor of the Lewis building in the Loop and at the St. Louise de Marillac Chapel in the Lincoln Park Student Center. Mass is offered in the Loop chapel most days during summer and winter breaks as well. A schedule is posted outside the chapel.
- Zen Meditation, T'ai Chi, Centering Prayer, and Yoga are also offered regularly in the Loop chapel when school is in session. Zen Meditation is also offered twice or more weekly in the LPC Interfaith Sacred Space next the St. Louise de Marillac Chapel in Lincoln Park.
- Muslim prayer rooms are located on the 3rd floor of the Lincoln Park Student Center and on the 4th floor of the Loop Campus CDM Building and are available to students, staff and faculty at all times when buildings are open.
- Spiritual Direction or Spiritual Companionship, the practice of having a regular meeting with an experienced spiritual guide to discuss and stay accountable to your spiritual life, is also available through University Ministry. Please contact us for more information or to arrange an initial visit to discuss your interests and needs and find an appropriate match.
Faculty and Staff are invited to like/follow and participate in University Ministry’s WAY OF WISDOM blog and Facebook sites and to contribute and share any relevant insights or comments. These sites aim to provide some simple, regular content for spiritual reflection for the DePaul audience. The sites can be found:
Vincentian Service Day
Held the first Saturday of May each year, Vincentian Service Day offers the opportunity to join together with over 1,000 other students, staff, faculty and alumni for this annual tradition, a day of service with DePaul's community partners throughout the city.