DePaul University is on the cutting edge of technology, providing innovative courses and student resources in a technologically advanced, engaging learning environment.
- The Genius Squad resolved over 800 technology problems with students’ personal technology equipment.
- In 2014 the Help Desk received over 38,000 requests for technology assistance and related information.
- The university currently has 362 technology equipped classrooms across its four campuses.
- In fiscal year 2013/2014 student employees worked 52% of the total hours logged by the IS services department.
- There are over 1,000 databases in the IS data centers.
- In 2013 there were over 5,800,000 ID card door swipes logged by the system.
- Every day the university’s email system receives over 120,000 messages, of which over 80,000 are quarantined or rejected as spam.
- In 2014 students printed 5,727,331 pages on the Intelliprint student printing system. All of the Intelliprint printers are duplex, helping to further our sustainability initiative.
- In 2013 over 1550Tb of data were transferred to our network.